• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating an Area of Explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have another spell with more than 1000 AOE and i want to make an explosion (Spawned effects -NeutralBuildingExplosion) as big as this area of effect. How to increase the size of an effect? I tried with creating 200 units with model of explosion around the caster but i cant remove them after they make the bif explosion- all 200 units still stay.

Level 3
You want to make a big explosion or many small explosion?

If first, then create a dummy-unit with 'locust' ability and model of explosion. In object editor set 'Art - Scaling Value' big enough for your effect. When unit cast this spell just create this unit at the position of the target; remove it after some time.

If second then you have simply put all small units into array or unit group and remove after some time.

P.S. Hmmm... I think there is another way - add expiration timer to all dummy units

Level 7
I made it with create 100 units at target of casting unit and i really have the effect- a big explosion like nulcear explosion. I know that but i can't remove the created units. With remove (last created unit) you may remove only 1. I tried by making 100 actions 'remove' but it didnt work. What triggers do i need to remove all these created unis?

Level 7
Yes it lags for 1 second only. It is no problem since it happens during the explosion. But there must be a trigger to remove ALL last created units. What is it ?

Level 6
In your loop (or after every spawn) Set var [Index] equal to (Last Created Unit). the Index is different for every unit. Then at end of trigger you Destroy var [Index]. The var you use should be an array.

Level 7
LOL i did it with negative value regeneration and the explosions auto die. No triggers ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.