• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

create unit at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ey my problem is this...
i'm trying to make a starfall....no problem
the star fall ability suposedly drops those little stars....
when i'm using custom models such as planes or whatever the model of the star falling doesn't appear....
and i've noticed it's because of the custom models....so...my question is this

How can I make via trigger that a unit will be created at the position of the starfall target..... (it's complicated but this is how i can fix it)

Level 18
There is no way of detecting a star-fall target specifically. What you could do though is have a channeling ability that emits an aura to enemy units, and then when the ability starts channeling you could detect the "targets" by the units who have the buff. It would be a little trickier having it work for multiple units casting it at the same time (because multiple units will have the buff, but from a different source), but I'm not even sure how the default Starfall handles that.

I'll check.

Berbanog, that won't work, cause Starfall occurs on random spots/targets, so the buff would take place in every unit, even if it hasn't been struck by the spell.
The only way to do it is a custom Starfall.
TheMexican-1, stars falling for this spell is "effect". If your model doesn't have this falling animation, it simply won't work. You can try something like this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/rain-x-system-version-1-1a-136432/

Level 5
The only things you can make it do are under the "effects" tab in the object editor

So you can make it rain like blizzard, or call down infernals (reign of chaos), or pillars of flame (flamestrike), etc.

Under the spell data, change "Stats-Effects" to the effect you want.

Level 18
I think the problem is he's using custom models that don't "fall". For instance if you replaced the effect with a footman model it wouldn't crash to the ground and die (by the way you could use a falling sheep lol).

Level 4
I think the problem is he's using custom models that don't "fall". For instance if you replaced the effect with a footman model it wouldn't crash to the ground and die (by the way you could use a falling sheep lol).

lmao no i didnt use a footman :grin:

i used this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...276/?prev=search=orbital%20strike&d=list&r=20

let me expand on it more :p
in my map (which is in my signature down there)
i'm creating a unit called "space station"
and the ability would be "orbital support" which is the starfall ability
and i used that model instead of the falling stars,
and no problem there but so many custom models and it doesn't look good when they just take the damage and no model appears....yes i know this is the problem of da model :p

so here's another question if this won't work:
>> how to make an ability that will do damage to enemies periodically (with the orbital strike model) in a picked area

and actually thank you Pharaoh_ i'll use that trigger ability for another of the space station's abilities :)

Status
Not open for further replies.