• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Give Starfall a Missle animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do I change star fall to make it appear as a missile shoots from the caster to the targets, instead of a missile fall from the sky to the target?

So for example

Instead of when starfall is cast a bunch of starts fall out of the sky onto random units, a firebolt shoots out of the caster and hits random units.

Level 4
like tranquility? i don't know another spell that work like starfall besides that, unless you mean like warstomp, which i have no idea how to edit to shoot missile as well

Level 13
You can remove the graphics and damage from Starfall and then make a dummy unit, created at the position of the caster, cast a spell with a certain damage that uses the Fireball model targeting some random enemies periodically as soon as Starfall is used (via triggers, of course =D)

(Wow, such a long sentence it is :xxd:)

Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
This should solve your problem if you don't mind some units getting hit with the fireball more than once sometimes:

• Starfall
    • Events
      • Event- Unit Starts Effect of Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Starfall
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add (Firebolt Array) to casting unit
Here is the trick - Create a custom ability called Firebolt Array based off of Phoenix Fire with the missile art changed. Adjust the cooldown of Firebolt Array to something small like .2, the duration the same duration as the wave cooldown on Starfall, give the ability the Firebolt missile art/speed, and change Starfall targets allowed to none because the Phoenix Fire replaces the damage.

Two things to consider -

1) The Phoenix Fire will not damage magic immunes like true Ultimates can.
2) I'll leave it up to you to figure out when to remove Firebolt Array from the hero. There are many ways to time a trigger to remove the ability when Starfall stops being cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.