• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Starfall to Sunfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So recently I've been trying to make this map that includes the Highelves, and I wanted to do a little spin on the differences of the Priestess of the Moon compared to the ranger (Sylvanas' model) I love the idea of her having starfall as her ultimate as well since it is so unique and fitting, but I wanted to invert it to match highelf/bloodelf better. That is when I discovered the Sunray model on the hive, which is basically an inverted version of the starfall target effect so it looks like a sunfall like spell, yet I can't find anyway or anywhere to find the actual falling missile that would be the sun version, I've tried various other models but couldn't find anything that really flows, and I don't know if there is any possible way to tint the current missile a yellowish colour. I also have like, no model making experience whatsoever so I can't go down that route either. Does anyone know how I can tint the current starfall missile into a more yellowish colour to use it as "Sunfall"?

Level 23
I don't think you can simply tint it in the WE because of its particles, but I do remember someone doing the exact same thing for the exact same reason recently. He/She submitted an orange version to the models section. I don't remember if it's been approved though but you might want to look for it there.

EDIT: Ah, here it is, Sunray (Caster). You might want to ask SuperJakiro for the target version though because it looks like he didn't upload it.

Level 21
I played around with some of the textures and colors that might fit. Feel free to PM me if you want anything changed.

Attachments

• Sunfall.jpg
    Sunfall.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Sunfall.w3x
    18.6 KB · Views: 106
  • SunrayTarget.mdx
    16.9 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.