• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create Items In Buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi future helpful person,

I have a recipe system, and I was wondering how to make it work inside a building. Here is what I mean.

1. I need a building that can store 6 item stacks and will not combine items (like a chest).

Second part:

1. I need a building that can store 3 items, and when combined in the right order create a new item (sort of like a cauldron).

I have a working recipe system but I have never used a building before. This may be a really easy question, I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

- Lordrake

Level 4
Well, in your recipe system, add a condition "Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Not Equal to (Building A)" (this condition refers to the event "Unit - A unit acquires an item".
For the second part, the recipe system will work fine.

Awesome, thank you. Would you by chance remember which building can hold items? I can't for the life of me remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.