• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Method to Come up with Item Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know how to make the triggers for item recipes but my issue now is actually coming up with the recipes. I dont know if this is the right place in the forums for this question but if not then I do apologize and please move it accordingly.

ANYWAYS

I'm trying to come up with a whole bunch of items and item recipes at once and (being the perfectionist I am) it is very frustrating, i keep losing track and do not have an organized method of continuing.

Any ideas on ways to organize what I am doing and the most efficient way to start?

I started by creating a list of ingredients and then combining those and then combining those but the ingredients themselves are about 20 something items which is a lot (considering store sizes of 8). So whats a good way to create many recipes but also have ingredients make sense (aka cape + orb of fire = cloak of flames) (what doesn't make sense is cape + shoes = chest plate)

My problem is I can do the one page list of ingredients then one page list of lvl 1 recipes then one page list of lvl 2 recipes and so on but it is hard to keep track of what has which abilities and what abilities I am missing and if i have more str items then int items etc...

Would it help to draw the items, create columns, categories?? idk i need all of your opinions sorry for the long essay but thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.