• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Create a Lua Program for export...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Its possible create a program to replace world of editor and export characteres or heroes, creeps, doodas,etc. just using code and interface?. I dont know if I can make a external program in language LUA to export my all data into a map. But dont need export all the data: heroes, doodas,etc... Just choose the heros of a big base data of heros to generate the w3m archive... its possible?

Last edited:
Level 26
Yes, of course. Lua can make OS calls and allows IO, so you start other programs and write files. Even if it did not, Lua can be extended by dlls.

Warcraft III is very vast though, which is why a complete solution might be difficult to have. And there probably is no pure Lua mpq library (w3m/w3x are mpq packed archives). You may take an mpq editor like Ladik's that you can control programmatically or bind the stormLib (dll) or JMPQ (java) to Lua. Or why has it to be Lua?

Most of the wc3 file specs are documented here.

Status
Not open for further replies.