• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cracked Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I want to create a spell that cracks the earth and creates a crater stunning and damaging all enemy, The stun and damage is provided by the base War Stomp, but I can't get a nice effect of crater + cracked earth.

Someone can help? Thanks

Level 5
I want to create a spell that cracks the earth and creates a crater stunning and damaging all enemy, The stun and damage is provided by the base War Stomp, but I can't get a nice effect of crater + cracked earth.

Someone can help? Thanks

Earthquake and Warstomp both provide cracked earth effects (The Earthquake one is probably the best). If you want an actual depression, consider triggering a terrain depression.

Level 12
Earthquake and Warstomp both provide cracked earth effects (The Earthquake one is probably the best). If you want an actual depression, consider triggering a terrain depression.

Yeah but the crack is lame, and cannot be resized :(
I want to use a dummy unit as a crack, so I can have more freedom!

I'm trying that trigger, but the terrain deformation never go away! If I use a number lower than the terrain formation time I can make it disappear. I think once the terrain deformation become permanent its impossible to remove it, and setting the duration to 3s make it slowing going down, not very good :(

(Maybe use a negative deformation with 3s?)

JASS:
function Trig_Tsuuten_Kyaku_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return ( GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A00M' )
endfunction

function Trig_Tsuuten_Kyaku_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local real x = GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit())
    local real y = GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit())
    local terraindeformation td
    local unit te
    set td = TerrainDeformCrater( x, y, 600, 150, 300, true )
    set te = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), 'h013', x, y, 0 )
    call UnitApplyTimedLife(te, 'BTLF', 3)
    call TerrainDeformStop(td, 3000)
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Tsuuten_Kyaku takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Tsuuten_Kyaku = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Tsuuten_Kyaku, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Tsuuten_Kyaku, Condition( function Trig_Tsuuten_Kyaku_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Tsuuten_Kyaku, function Trig_Tsuuten_Kyaku_Actions )
endfunction

Level 7
Just perform the same deform action in the same location in the opposite direction (up!) after 3s.

Level 7
You only null local variables when you're -done- using them. Mostly, at the end of the function.

Status
Not open for further replies.