• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crab Worker

A worker for the makrura/sea creatures race.
I had seen numerous people using crab workers with normal crab models in their sea-based makrura custom races, so I decided to create this crab worker model.
These large crabs use their huge pincers for cutting wood, extracting gold, constructing structures and carrying stuff that they can put on their backs and that is supported by the netted wooden spikes hammered by makruras into their shells. They are enslaved/domesticated by makruras and are specially trained to perform all these tasks.
Please give credit if you use this.

Update 1: Added the net between the wooden spikes hammered into the crab's shell.
Update 2: Added footprints in Walk Gold and Walk Lumber animations.
Update 3: The corpse now sinks completely into the ground during the Decay Flesh animation.
Contents

CrabWorker (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Changes are made to meet the model section guideline. This model is a nice addition and very useful for a maritime styled race. Edits are subtle but executed quite well. Good job.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Hey......that's pretty good!

Level 15
crab worker.. how does that work? :xxd:
I've seen numerous people using crab workers with normal crab models in their sea-based makrura custom races, so I decided to create this crab worker model.
These large crabs use their huge pincers for cutting wood, extracting gold and carrying stuff that they can put on their backs and that is supported by the wooden spikes hammered in by makruras into their shells. They are enslaved/domesticated by makruras and are specially trained to perform all these tasks.

I've seen numerous people using crab workers with normal crab models in their sea-based makrura custom races, so I decided to create this crab worker model.
These large crabs use their huge pincers for cutting wood, extracting gold and carrying stuff that they can put on their backs and that is supported by the wooden spikes hammered in by makruras into their shells. They are enslaved/domesticated by makruras and are specially trained to perform all these tasks.

well the 3 posts are a little flimsy support for whatever they're carrying, so.. maybe you could use a bit of a curved plane in between those, with the het texture, to make it lill more believable

Level 21
Something is so very innocent about the way crabs move sideways ;F - cool addition!

(are we in for more crab models, a mighty crab race even?)

Last edited:

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Sorry for doublepost but how about a Kobold Worker?

Level 15
It leaves no footprints when carrying gold or lumber.
Added footprints to Walk Gold and Walk Lumber animations.
In Decay Flesh, the crab mesh vanishes suddenly. (Probably it doesn't sink all the way across the ground before the end of the animation, so when Decay Bone starts, it disappears suddenly)
The normal SpiderCrabCreep model on which this model is based is the same. I could change it if it is needed, but I'd rather leave it as it is in the base model.

Added footprints to Walk Gold and Walk Lumber animations.

The normal SpiderCrabCreep model on which this model is based is the same. I could change it if it is needed, but I'd rather leave it as it is in the base model.

Well, Blizzard makes mistakes and if you have the tools and knowledge to fix those 'bugs' you really should do it.