• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Couple really annoying problems with modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ok, before I say anything else, I confess this is involved with WoW models, but I have absolutely no intention of distributing them on the internet. From what I understand, using them for personal use is allowed.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way (people have given me a hard time about it in the past), on to my questions:

First off, how do you edit models to make it so that certain geosets can be made invisible by erasing parts of the skin. I know the whole deal about the alpha channels, but how do you set up the geoset so that the alpha channels actually make it partially invisible?

Secondly, I've got this incredibly annoying problem with this model I'm trying to edit, the WoW demon hunter model. When I extract it and view in Magos' model editor, there's something really messed up with his wings, hooves, and claws where, no matter what angle I look at it, I can always see them through anything that's in front of him. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? Like, when I'm looking at him from the front view, I can still see his wings through his chest. And I tried importing it into the game, and I can see his entire body behind anything, even terrain! Can anyone help me fix this problem, please?

Oh yes, and also, how do you make it so that a certain geoset is only visible in certain animations, and only visible through part of those animations?

Level 14
... yeah, don't know why I didn't think of that before.
Here's some screenshots of my problem. As you can see, they look very confusing, because no matter what angle you look at him, you can see his wings. And when he is behind terrain, you can still see his entire body.

Is it where it says "Filtermode Transparent?"

Attachments

• DHbug1.jpg
    DHbug1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DHbug2.jpg
    DHbug2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.