• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace

“Mercy but murders, pardoning those that kill.”

• Previews

Ensemble

159969-09d353d3502e5f4227f28d499ff35869.gif

• Changelog

5/18/19 - Uploaded

5/26/19 - Fixed unintentional snap-back

6/3/19
Added blue and purple versions
Renamed Green-Cleave-and-Blood to Green (x2)
Added green version

• Frequent Issues

Magos' Model Editor
If a.) the model/s present an error regarding a ribbon emitter upon opening, or b.) the models go blank after editing them in Magos', use MdlxConv to convert the uncorrupted file to mdl, and then convert back to mdx before importing.

In-Game
If models with omnilights light up the whole map after conversion, make sure you're using version 1.04 of MdlxConv.
Contents

Coup de Grace (Model)

Coup de Grace Blue (Model)

Coup de Grace Green (Model)

Coup de Grace Green (x2) (Model)

Coup de Grace Purple (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.
Thanks everyone!
No idea how to use this, but looks amazing! 5/5

How do I use this right?
I suggest you use it with a damage detection system. Create the effect at the location of the receiver.
I don't know how to set facing for SFX, so I used a dummy unit for the preview.

Level 24
I don't know how to set facing for SFX, so I used a dummy unit for the preview.

in my resource Bone Armor I use spirit touch type model that's directed towards the attacker using this line:

• Special Effect - Set Orientation of BAmr_SPEF to yaw: 0.00, pitch: 0.00, roll: ((((Angle from BAmr_Point[1] to BAmr_Point[2]) x 3.14) / 180.00)
WARNING IF YOU ARE USING CURRENT PATCH:
SPECIAL EFFECTS MODIFICATION HAS EFFECTIVELY BEEN FLIPPED ON ITS HEAD!
ROLL NO LONGER CHANGES THE FACING OF SPECIAL EFFECTS USE YAW INSTEAD!

BAmr_Point[1] being the target being hit & BAmr_Point[2] being the striking unit
Resulting in something like this:
shrink-effect-gif.321931

(No seagulls were harmed in the making of this gif)

So if you reverse this you can have the result you want on your crawb declaw

Last edited:
Level 2
what attachment name do i need to put? is it chest? also how can i make it appear when i crit? been long time since i get the hold of the editor.

Level 3
A noob question here: how to put it to an ability? when attacking a unit just like in the GIF?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
A noob question here: how to put it to an ability? when attacking a unit just like in the GIF?
The best way:
You use a Damage Engine to detect when damage is dealt and then create the special effect. The Damage Engine also allows you to trigger your own Critical Strike for example, which could then be setup to display the special effect as well.

The easy way:
Do the same thing but with the "A unit is attacked" Event. This Event will run even if the attack is cancelled/interrupted and will run before damage is dealt so it's not ideal.

For the actual special effect positioning, I'm not 100% sure. You can probably attach it to the chest of the attacked/damaged unit and then destroy it. If not, you may need to create the special effect at a Point using Point with polar offset. This allows you to place the special effect any distance in front of the Hero.