• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow's Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Heya..
I want to make a spell called Shadow's Grace (or Endowment or smthin)for a night elf unit....

the spell should work like Shadowmeld and Elune's Grace (+ some extra's) combined... so you have an increased mov. speed and attack speed + received damage decrement....
but it should only work between dusk and dawn.... can someone tell me how to do thiz?

Thanks
(or in my language: Dankjewel :)[/u]

ApM

ApM

Level 2
I think i understand what you mean but any way i have done a demo map with what i think is what you wont.

Use the link below to go to it and if you use any off it please give me a bit off credit.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=817[/url]

p.s. if that isnt what you mean p.m me and i will sort it out for you.

Level 10
if you've every played DoTA, you will see a character with such a type ability. All that is required is that you enable/disable the certain abilties of every unit that would have it during the times associated before and after the alloted times you want the passives to be active and vice versa when you want them to be active. Easiest way to keep track of all the units is by giving them a dummy passive so it's easy to check for buff and such.

Level 3
Name: Shadow's Grace/Endowment/Gift
Details: + 10% mov. and attack speed
permanent invisibility
- 70% piercing and magic damage
>> WORKS ONLY AT NIGHT TIME (between dusk and dawn)

(Doesn't this start to look like a bloody request?

ApM

ApM

Level 2
I can do that easy well not easy it is simple anoth and it will be intresting.

Level 11
You want it to be permanent or to be activated like shadow meld? You can give bonus abilities (item) to the unit like Boots of SPeed and during the night... Hmm, doesn't Elune's Grace work only during the night? You can make a custom Elune's Grace and check if the number of units with your Elune's Grace is greater than 0 while time of day is during hte day. If it is, you pick every unit and remove the skill. CHeck my TechTree (ROTHE) and look for the aura of light. That might help you get the idea of removing and adding abilities by following conditions.

~Daelin

Level 3
It's supposed to be permanent, just like Elune's Grace... but I really don't know wether or not Elune's Grace only works at nighttime (and I can't check t out cos War3 isn't "here" anymore.... )

thanks for the commments :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.