• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Costum UI - Hotkey for attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am working on a custom UI for my map.
Because the original UI was hidden, i have lost functions as Attack, patrol, hold position, stop.
My solution to this problem was to recreate the hotkeys with triggers.
This is how i did it
  • Events
    • UI - Player Any Player presses A key Down with shift Exclude, control Exclude, alt Exclude
  • Local Variables
  • Conditions
    • ((Unit 1 from (Selected units for player (Triggering player))) is alive) == true
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order all units in (Selected units for player (Triggering player)) to ( Stop) (Replace Existing Orders)
Now i have searched everywhere, and the order ATTACK is nowhere to be found!!! (thats why you see order STOP)
What am i doing wrong, and is there maybe a better solution to my problem. (i dont want to have any buttons from the original interface)

Level 10
I am working on a custom UI for my map.
Because the original UI was hidden, i have lost functions as Attack, patrol, hold position, stop.
My solution to this problem was to recreate the hotkeys with triggers.
This is how i did it
  • Events
    • UI - Player Any Player presses A key Down with shift Exclude, control Exclude, alt Exclude
  • Local Variables
  • Conditions
    • ((Unit 1 from (Selected units for player (Triggering player))) is alive) == true
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order all units in (Selected units for player (Triggering player)) to ( Stop) (Replace Existing Orders)
Now i have searched everywhere, and the order ATTACK is nowhere to be found!!! (thats why you see order STOP)
What am i doing wrong, and is there maybe a better solution to my problem. (i dont want to have any buttons from the original interface)

Make sure that your order is to an order with a target...

Level 10
kimpakim7, wtf are you talking about? parenthesis like this () ? Green? U mean change Stop to targeting unit? Thats the point, attack or target is not in the list!

tagg1080, thats the problem. There is no "issue with target" trigger. The only options are "Unit Issue Order" and "Unit group issue order". Patrol is also not in the list

Level 4
This is what kimpakim7 was talking about:

attachment.php

Attachments

• attack.jpg
    attack.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 226
Level 7
sdasdfdf
Events
Unit Selection - Any Unit is Selected by player Any Player
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Variable - Set asdasdsadasd = (Triggering unit)
Unit - Order (yor unit) to ( Attack asdasdsadasd) (Replace Existing Orders)

Just make the order thing in another trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.