• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CorruptedHydra3.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This was made for a request of i_brg_doom.

It's a corrupted Hydra fitting to LOTR.
This skin is nearly complete freehand, except some minor parts at its feet.

This model has some parts that are teamcoloured, but if you don't like them, change the colour to dark grey by triggers (like in the screenshot)

If you use it in your map/campaign please give credit to me, M0rbid.
Do not upload to other sites without my permission.
But feel free to change the skin, as long as you credit me for the base!

Hope you like it, enjoy!

Update1: reworked most parts of the skin: changed the colour to a little more dark greenish look, overworked the structure of the Hydra to fit the body better and tried to get rid of the mess!

Update2: finally this hydra comes along mit whitebubble thingys and some new shape of the body!

Keywords:
Hydra, Dark, Corrupted, Lotr, Evil, Elven, Elf, MiddleEarth, Black
Contents

Corrupted Hydra (Texture)

Reviews
12:33, 19th Mar 2010 67chrome: This skin could use more work and detail, right now if you resized this to 128x128 the only thing that would really change is the file size, everything is a little to fuzzy. See if you can get crisper edges on things...

M

12:33, 19th Mar 2010
67chrome: This skin could use more work and detail, right now if you resized this to 128x128 the only thing that would really change is the file size, everything is a little to fuzzy. See if you can get crisper edges on things such as the white lumps. The hydra you showed as your inspiration also appears to have scales rather than fur, you should add crosshatching to the hair on your skin to make it look more like scales. I realize scales are not the easiest thing to draw, but there are plenty of good tutorials here that can help you with that, and I'd suggest you use them. Try making a good belly scale and copying it for the other belly scales, right now the belly looks very plain. Turning the fins into a tooth-like frill of white lumps could be cool to, the current frill looks a little lacking.

I'll leave this pending for now, though I expect more improvements.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/mykwpc/ship.jpg

Dentothor: No changes made. Rejected until updated.

Level 10
Well, this is a great idea. I love hydra, and I'm glad that it's one custom skin has received a brother. Right now, however...
1) You removed the fins, because they don't fit the concept. However, I think it would be better if you made it so that instead of nothing there are small white horns running down its spine (like in the reference picture).
2) All of those crisscrossing lines make it look like you shaded it with a crayon. The face and belly are fine, but adding some more detail and some kind of order to the main body would make it look 100% better. If you look at the reference, all of the lines are running down the hydra's back, not scribbled everywhere.
Until then, I won't rate it, but I would really like to see this skin be better. Good luck!

Level 15
Are you insinuating that the moderators use favoritism?

And no, I doubt this skin would get through moderation in its current state. It's far too blurry and undefined, and the shading needs improvement.

don't tell me you think that they don't everyone knows that they do its like that everywhere. so ya this looks like it was just colored in by a 8 year old on some parts. the feet look good(CnP) and the head also looks ok. needs improvment 2/5

Level 23
Just a few things: 1. I have NO approved ressource so far, so how can anyone tell me, that this ressource will get approved because of my name?! This sounds strange to me.

@real 138: thanks for trying to give me tipps, but the feet are not CnP, they're still the original one, coz I didn't saw a reason to change them.

And btw I don't think that moderators here on hive approve skins by names!

Thanks for all those useful comments, I'll try to improve that!

Level 13
don't tell me you think that they don't everyone knows that they do its like that everywhere.

At first glance this looked like complete gibberish. I think it's time for a little lesson in punctuation.

Don't tell me you think that they don't. Everyone knows that they do; it's like that everywhere.

Secondly, I'll have to disagree. People get a good reputation from the moderators by making good resources. And a person that makes a few good resources will most likely make more good resources in the future, hence reason for more approved items. It's a rare occasion for someone who has many good resources to come out with a sloppy, blurry, whatever one, but in that case the moderators would jump on them.

Level 23
First update now: changed the colour and tried to fix the body structure as often mentioned, try to give more details and get rid of bluriness!
Please keep commenting, cause it is really useful for me!

@Misha: this was meant as a skin for a request of i_brg_doom and he didn't want the white thingys on the skin, so I didn't do them!

First update now: changed the colour and tried to fix the body structure as often mentioned, try to give more details and get rid of bluriness!
Please keep commenting, cause it is really useful for me!

@Misha: this was meant as a skin for a request of i_brg_doom and he didn't want the white thingys on the skin, so I didn't do them!

Request or not, it really could use those..:hohum: