• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted Night Elf

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
CORRUPTED NIGHT ELF

Map info:

This is an altered melee map, I add additions to the map, that additions allow you to play as custom race.
Map has water effect.

Map Description

How to play:

TO PLAY AS THE CORRUPTED NIGHT ELF, CHOOSE NIGHT ELF WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.​
Screenshots
209913-97c0d00068c5d8196e19cb905aa55d31.jpg

210000-2648f602385b441565af2edb15e288d0.jpg
Changelog

V1: Map Uploaded.​
V1.1: skeleton archer and meat wagon added to corrupted night elf instead webspiner and glaive thrower, fixed some string.​
Credits

Models:
Ujimasa Hojo, 84chrome

Icons:
84chrome​
Skin:
84chrome​
Links

Previews
Contents

Corrupted Night Elf (Map)

Reviews
Wazzz
A very simple custom race map, with a few of the Corrupted counterparts retaining identical skillsets to the original Night Elf assets. Some variations here and there, such as the Trickster having a hybrid of the Banshee and the Shaman spell roster...
Having played Altered Melee a lot lately does make me happy seeing more to play around with. However, there are numerous glaring issues with this Corrupted Night Elf:
  1. The Treant basically cost nothing. Yes, they are fragile, but only cost 2 food and short train time speaks volumes of an issue in the early game. At least something like 90 or 100 gold and have their stat slightly buffed is a consideration. Or maybe at least consider them comparable with Ghoul
  2. The Corrupted Wisp model disturbs me a lot. I'm referring to their model when they have resources with them. They look like they're high or something in my opinion.
  3. Nerubian Webspinner feels off-chart in Corrupted Night Elf tech-tree. I suggest looking up the 4th mission of the Eternity's End campaign.
  4. Glaive Thrower? Wait, what? At least don't use Night Elves' artillery with copy-pasta stat.
  5. Fulbolg is an option, but it's not those Fulbolg, but Corrupted Fulbolgs. I am referring to Fulbolg Shaman unit. Oh, that guy is also DotC without Bear Form. (Did I mispronounce?)
  6. Corrupted Dryad = Dryad, Corrupted Mountain Giant = Mountain Giant, Corrupted Chimaera = Chimaera without Corrosive Breath, Corrupted DotT = DotT. That's like 4 units in the tech tree already taking the default NE tech tree here.
  7. Skeleton hero is actually Dota 1 King Leoric with a summoning ability instead of firebolt.
  8. The satyr heroes are a bland copy of their unit variant. Here's a tip: don't use what the unit variant has into the hero variant.
  9. The Corrupted Ancient of Wonders = Ancient of Wonders.
This feels like Night Elf with purple variation to a degree, despite the potential it has. This is not your first, so I'm sure you are aware of reusing the 4 existing race materials with close to zero edit just to fill the tech tree is not a brilliant idea ^^'

I find some of the stuff here has potential though, like the satyr units and the corrupted treants. You should explore more on the corrupted aspect, and not the take the night elf, change skin, then call it a day. If you want to use corrupted night elves, make sure to differentiate them enough from their non-corrupted variant.

Sorry, but from me, this is a letdown and I am sure you actually have the capability to make a better Corrupted Elf, given you make a decent Draenei race. 2/5 for now.

If you update this map, make sure to leave a changelog of everything you changed since I note you have a habit to forgot adding them. I don't want to go through minor patches just to reconsider my review of this map.

Last edited:
Level 35
A very simple custom race map, with a few of the Corrupted counterparts retaining identical skillsets to the original Night Elf assets. Some variations here and there, such as the Trickster having a hybrid of the Banshee and the Shaman spell roster, or the Furbolg Shaman having Druid of the Claw skills with Lightning Shield replacing Bear Form. Love seeing the Skeleton King here.

Few issues:
  • Corrupted Treant is free, costing only 2 food
  • Skeleton King doesn't cost any population
  • Skeleton King's summons are permanent (although, to be fair, this may be by design considering if you summon them again, it uses Feral Spirit rules and removes the original summons)
  • "Trickster" is used as a name for a unit and the hero, would be decent for the names to be different between the two

Some strange elements is the use of the Nerubian Webspinner as one of the faction's units, the Glaivethrower being a part of the roster (but considering this is the "Corrupted Night Elf" faction, that might be relatively fitting), and the lack of a tier 3 unit production structure resulting in the Corrupted Chimera being trained from the Corrupted Ancient of Wind. These aren't necessarily issues, though, with the Nerubian unit being the closest to this due to the unusual nature of its inclusion, but such comes down to the interpretation of the creator.

All in all, the issues mentioned aren't game breaking, so I'm going to put this down as Useful / Simple and I suspect that is where it will remain even with future updates. Good to see another entry for the Corrupted representation :)