• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Controversial Question(maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ok , Im not sure if I should ask , but, has there ever been a fight in the hive workshop?,because I heard something happened here that caused many modelers to remove they resources...if I may ask , what happened?(sorry if I seem nosy, but I cant help it,I want to know what was so big it caused modelers to remove their resources)

Level 13
I'm surprised I've never stumbled across anything with that massive drama until now. Interesting reads xD

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Many of the modelers who deleted their resources kind of acted like spoilt little children. I recall a person doing something similar before then, and then coming back and asking the moderators to undelete his resources. I think a few of the "rage quitters" did that, but not all of them.

If someone deletes his resources it's just because they have gone emo, not because of some drama. Most of them deleted because of personal issues, not because having problems with the staff. Sure there are some cases like with Mr.Bob, but he released his pack of shizzle on other site, so they are still publically available. Those who went emo, deleted them from every site (unless they forgot or some russians uploaded it on their own sites).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I don't see what the point of all of this.
There was no point behind it. It was just people acting like little children and throwing a tantrum.

Kind of like... "Because I am unhappy I will break what I have made so everyone will be unhappy." basically primary school stuff.

I do know that some deleted their old resources to try and improve credibility (not related to the above event). RaoDaoZao is an example of this who removed a lot of his early Warcraft III robotic models since although people liked them, they were kind of poor quality when he looked back at them after years.

Level 8
There was one guy that an entire skinning contest here was to skin his models but I see that he has removed all of them, I don't remember his name(something like diojenist!?) and Im like what!? There is a entire skinning contest for his models!? And he has removed them!?

Level 11
After going through the zero tolerance thread entirely, I have come to this understanding that the admin did the right thing after all. He choose the greater good over small benefits. Wisdom over intelligence.
It was a wise decision, so kudos for the admin.

Roland

R

Roland

That golden argument gave me a massive chuckle when I was on my previous accounts.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I'd like to add that most of the people that quit, got banned, and/or demoted, pretty much ran the community for a long time.

If you weren't around back then, it's stupid to form an opinion based on the threads that remain.

Most of the posts are deleted, and it's very understandable to get upset if you get kicked out with little to no explanation after having spent years trying to make the site work.

There was no point behind it. It was just people acting like little children and throwing a tantrum.

Kind of like... "Because I am unhappy I will break what I have made so everyone will be unhappy." basically primary school stuff.
You mean sort of like trashtalking people that can't reply back?

Many users who had literally spent years sucking up to them, and traveled miles out of their own way to get on their good side, suddenly made a U-turn when ZT came along.

Opportunism is all fine and well, but it's more than a little ridiculous looking at it retrospectively.

Either way, the question is answered already.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.