• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Consumable item with custom ability not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an item in my map based on Scroll of the Beast, and I gave it an item ability based off of Roar (item), but for some reason, when I click the item to use it, it isn't using the ability or taking any charges off of the item. As far as I know, I haven't changed any fields on either the item or the ability that would warrant it not working, but maybe I did on accident? I dunno. What are some things that could cause this to happen?

Level 39
Roar and Scroll of the Beast probably use the same base ability of "Roar". If a unit is ordered to do an order that it already possesses though an ability swap it will attempt to do any order order with a matching orderstring. A unit cannot do more than 1 order at once, so it will fail if it has more than one matching orderstring (all matching abilities will be activated, not just the ordered one.

Here's the item and the ability (couldn't fit the whole ability in 1 screenshot so I didn't include the art fields)

gow.PNG
fog.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.