• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Scrolls with two abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In my map I want Scroll of the Beast to both give the increased damage AND heal nearby units for 400hp. If I give the item both the Roar (item) ability and the one used in Scroll of Restoration only one of the abilities is used.

Is there any way to accomplish this without using triggers? If not, is it possible to have a time limit for the effects?

Level 12
since i was asking a question about the "Time Limit of the Effect" which was after "If not" which was relying on "If it could be used without triggers", i think i was intending that it wasnt workable without triggers
Conclusion : I dont think its possible without triggers

yes, now i dont look as stupid anymore :p

Level 9
So, you want an item that does the Roar effect, and an instant heal? Well, just do this...
  • Its Go Time
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Scroll of the Beast
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Hero manipulating item)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + 400.00)
See? No need to worry about limiting effects, the Roar effect will go away natually.

Level 24
Give the item the abilities Roar and whatever regeneration that Scroll of Regeneration (for over time) or Scroll of Healing (for instant) has. No triggers needed, although the item will give two buffs.

Level 3
So, you want an item that does the Roar effect, and an instant heal? Well, just do this...
  • Its Go Time
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Scroll of the Beast
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Hero manipulating item)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + 400.00)
See? No need to worry about limiting effects, the Roar effect will go away natually.

I can't believe I couldn't think of this easy solution myself, thank you.

Teh_Ephy said:
Give the item the abilities Roar and whatever regeneration that Scroll of Regeneration (for over time) or Scroll of Healing (for instant) has. No triggers needed, although the item will give two buffs.

Does not work, only the first ability in the list triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.