• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Passive Item Ability w/ Auto Attack Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So, I currently have an item where it has a chance to have a chain lightning ability be used.

I used the Orb of Lightning for it, along with the Chain Lightning ability in the "Data-Effect Ability" field. No triggers.

In game, the item works great...

BUT when the unit with the item auto attacks, the chain lightning doesn't work. You have the manually click the enemy unit for the ability to work..

Any ideas?

Level 9
I also searched for answers for these problems. You will need triggers. Warcraft III works like that, and there is no changing it. You can make a trigger that will make your "AUTO-ATTACK" to "MANUALLY ATTACK" an enemy unit. Let's say when an enemy unit comes within range of the unit with Orb of Lightning, then make the unit with Orb of Lightning to Attack the incoming enemy unit. Also, you should add a condition that if the unit with Orb of Lightning is already attacking, this trigger I am talking must not run, or else the attack target will always change.

It is preferred that your Event should have a detection range value that has less than the value of Combat - Acquisition Range of the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.