• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Constant Desync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not entirely sure what the issue is as I have tested out several times what could be the cause. I'll try to explain what I have tried out in concise sentences. Every time my clan mates and I (usually just a maximum of 3) start Gaias whether via ENT or the GaiasDungeon bot (on USEast bnet), one of us gets desync'd right at the beginning of the game after the load is finished, and it's usually me.

I've been playing gaias orpg for quite some time now so I don't have 3rd party programs, have my texture and light quality up high, etc etc. Here are the things I've been trying to see exactly what is making this desync constantly happen:

A) First I tried to isolate if it's specifically me, friend#1 or friend #2. I usually have issues with friend #1 but he swears he isn't using 3rd party programs and sometimes I am able to play with him, most often not. Friend #2 is the same situation. However it's usually me who desyncs first no matter which bot we try.

B) Second, I tried with 5 players, 2 strangers, the same 2 friends and I. This time, the 2 strangers and I stayed in the game, however both my friends desync at the beginning instead. This happened 3 times in a row with the same two strangers and 2 friends! (I wish I had the names of the strangers for being such great helpers to test this theory when they found out about our issues).

C) Trying to see if maybe it's the load order of players and colors, we've tried different variations and the load order of players (e.g. blue yellow orange, or red teal purple) has not changed the results.

D) Have tried with different friends who use garena to join my hosted [ENT] games. This works, but only up to 3-4 players total IF we're lucky, most often it's only two who make it.

E) Deleted my map twice and tried downloading both directly from the bot and via website, this had also changed nothing and desyncs kept happening.

F) Turned off my firewalls and what not, this changed nothing as well.

G) Have tried both minimizing during load screen, and staying during load screen, pressing enter straight away. Results haven't changed.

H) I also tried on my desktop, which runs much better and much more smoothly than my laptop, still desync'd regardless and also tried all the above steps on my desktop. Nothing changed!

That's all I can remember at this very moment of trying, I've been testing these things for the full week and still have no idea what could be the issue so now I'm finally coming here to see if anyone else may have ideas or answers to this issue I've been having.

I'm not entirely sure what to do here and as I'm advertising Gaias ORPG and recruiting more and more players for it, I'd really love to be able to help these mates understand the game and get a nice boost at the beginning, but I'm always desyncing so I can't help them out unfortunately.

Any ideas and any help is greatly appreciated, cheers mates!

Note about A) and B): both friends have also played gaias and are aware of not having 3rd party programs, having texture/light quality set to high, etc etc.

Last edited:
Level 4
We had similar problems...we tried to play it over wifi together, but one of us always got desynced (always the same person)...it worked when we connected the one to the router with a LAN cable and let him host the game...but we've got the same issue again, when we tried to play it over battle.net.

But I think my friends version is broken (he can see these pink-cubes in some maps), but i couldn't test it yet.

Btw: Whats the best way to contact you, because i'm try to play gaia everday, but i can't find anyone to play with.

Level 2
Btw: Whats the best way to contact you, because i'm try to play gaia everday, but i can't find anyone to play with.

If you play on USEast then I'm usually in channel Clan BxT or whisper Griffin

Garena ID (I use garena to simply communicate with players I meet but not actually play on it) is GriffinJack

If neither of these 2 work, you can register on my clan forums @ www.ClanBxT.org n leave a PM, shout, thread, w/e you fancy.

Last resort is to email me @ [email protected] also, I'm at home after work and usually online at 5:30-6 PM eastern.

Hope this helped, I'm always looking for new players to meet :) Hopefully we'll find a solution to our issue soon.

As a suggestion about your friend's map version he could join GaiasHostBot (if he plays bnet at all), that bot lets you download the map from it, or download here at the main thread (the download link is at the bottom of the post):

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/gaias-retaliation-orpg-v1-2a-7-a-144066/

Level 2
The only fix I've found so far is to re-patch wc3. Reinstalling worked as well but a friend of mine doesn't have the cd so he couldn't reinstall it, and I suggested deleting his patch files and keeping the full update file from blizzard, to re-patch.

So, no need to reinstall wc3, just delete your patch files and re-patch wc3 to fix the desyncing. You can download the full patch from blizzard here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/classic-game-patches

Level 4
always happened to me backthen,
having ppls desync all the time.

there is a quick solution for it.
simply restart the wc3 after playing another custom map before playing gaia.

Level 2
thing is I only play gaias so that may be a factor for other players but not so sure about my situation XD who knows. It's all fixed now!

Status
Not open for further replies.