• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Conquest v1.0 Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
~Conquest~

v1.0 Alpha

What is Conquest?

What is Conquest?
Conquest is a mix between Aeon of Strife and Footmen Frenzy style gameplay. Unique and fully customized heroes will contest in different game modes, similar to an AoS, but these heroes will lead their powerful armies into battle. Players will work in teams of two, allowing players to pick heroes and playstyles that complement each other. These four teams of two will be tasked in completing the objective of a game mode, such as destroying all the other players, controlling the hill, or capturing flags from enemy bases.

Map Overview

Map Overview
The map is divided into 5 unique islands, one for each team, and one in the center. The players must move between the islands, harassing and destroying their opponents forces. Players can reinforce their positions by building turrets. Certain heroes will be good at certain tasks, some are good for leading armies, while others are good for hunting other heroes. The key to winning is to find two heroes who can assist and support each other. Players with better cooperation will fare better, and timing is key, as some abilities have a very narrow time window to use correctly.

Map Features

• Fully Customized Heroes
  • Unique and Interesting Items
  • Incredible Use of Imported Materials
  • Multiple Game Modes
  • Multiplayer Mayhem
  • Balanced to Perfection

Heroes & Abilities

[r]
204466-albums4954-picture49963.jpg
[r] Conquest is host to a number of unique heroes. While not finalized, the above screenshot shows the current hero pool. There are to be a proper mix of Strength, Agility, and Intelligence heroes, each with unique talents and quirks that make them interesting to play. You can find some already finished abilities below

The Crusader
204466-albums4954-picture49967.jpg
A holy warrior, whose abilities revolve around chastising the evil and wicked

Icon Spell Effect
204466-albums4954-picture49972.jpg
God's Touch The Crusader removes the sin from target friendly unit, healing it and damaging all nearby enemy units.
204466-albums4954-picture49976.jpg
Resurrection The Crusader returns the newly dead to their bodies to fight for him again. May not target heroes.
204466-albums4954-picture49973.jpg
Holy Aura The Crusader constantly releases holy energy, increasing the regeneration rate of nearby allied units.
204466-albums4954-picture49975.jpg
Righteous Fury (Ultimate) The Crusader slams his mighty hammer on the ground, dealing massive damage and slowing all nearby enemy units by 50%. The Crusader becomes righteous, gaining extra damage and health regeneration for 10 seconds.

The Naga Myrmidon
204466-albums4954-picture49968.jpg
A Naga Warrior, capable of dealing great blows and summoning the sea around him

Icon Spell Effect
204466-albums4954-picture49977.jpg
Wave The Naga Myrmidon creates a fierce wall of water, and propels it towards target location. The wave will collide with enemy units, hurting them.
204466-albums4954-picture49971.jpg
Dehydrate The Naga Mymidron dehydrates a target over 5 seconds, pulsing every 1.25 and dealing minor damage. If the target is in water or reaches water, it will no longer take damage from dehydration.
204466-albums4954-picture49974.jpg
Presence of the Sea The Naga Mymirdon summons the sea around him, permanently increasing his strength and slowing all enemy units within 400 area of effect.

The Magus
204466-albums4954-picture49962.jpg
A Human Magician, a man who specializes in conjuring and controlling magic

Icon Spell Effect
204466-albums4954-picture49964.jpg
Call Lightning The Magus strikes down the targetted unit with a fearsome lightning bolt. Units within 200 area of effect of the targetted unit take half damage.
204466-albums4954-picture49965.jpg
Mana Pulse The Magus releases a pulse of energy, disrupting the magic of nearby enemies. Units caught within the pulse have their mana transfered to the Magus, and take 5 damage for each manapoint transfered.
204466-albums4954-picture49966.jpg
Void The Magus creates a void at target location, sucking all nearby units together.

Items

Items will be posted here upon completion

Authors Note
This has been my labor of love for the past month. I hope to have a playable demo within this month. I'm not relisting credits, those will be provided in full, in both the game, and the description on THW. Comments and suggestions are fully appreciated.
Interested in Joining?

This project needs help with:
  • Art (icons, models)
  • Testers
  • Hero Idea Creation

Team so far:
  • Terrainer (Hades17)

Please note that any and all content is subject to change according to the personal whims of Jazztastic. This is the idea and creation of Jazztastic, everything you see excluding models and icons was created by Jazztastic.

Last edited:
Level 13
Too long didn't read.
Lol just kidding. This sounds as a fairly good idea, but maybe too unoriginal?
I'd like to test it sometimes if I can get the chance.

Level 6
I'm always a bit sceptical about any map that is about to be based on AoS, since DotA is the leading map in wc3 by far...
However, the first thing I noticed is that your written english is far above average and that's already a very good sign to have the possibilities to create a flawless map without rough-edges such as spelling mistakes and short descriptions which were caused due to the lack of decent english skills.

Anyway, I can help you with the terrain if you want me to do so, eventhough I do not think that the terrain has to be very good at all. I mean just take a look at DotA, the terrain is pure crap but still over 500.000 people are playing it.

Nevertheless, you will need loads of innovative ascepts in your map, in order to set it apart from DotA or the casual footmen frenzy maps, which are horrifyingly bad and most of the times done in about 5 minutes, compiled by a 12 y/o, bashing on his keyboard.

I just pray that this project will be far better than those we already have in this genre and we desperately need some outstanding ones.

To put it in a nutshell, good look though, I'm offering to help you with the terrain.
+Rep for the genre-mix idea, which is kinda unused.

€dit: One more hint, try to get the permission to edit at least the skin of those models you are using, because two thirds of them have the DC-status on hive and really everyone knows them, that's why you should try to have something more unique.

Level 11
This map looks promising, the heroes are nice and from what I can see, the blending or the mixtures of the Icons are nice. One thing though, some of the heroes does not have hero glow while some others have, better look up on that. Other than that I support this thread and will look on what will happen. I wish you good luck :)

Level 16
As you can tell, this map is still in alpha phase. While I have posted 3 of my hero ideas (the three most complete, two are still missing ults -_-), there are already more abilities. The terrain is somewhat bland, but that will be addressed. There are currently two items, however, downloads are being made, and ideas are being formed. I hope to acquire an artist who can model and draw icons, because having unique stuff would greatly improve the quality of this map. Right now, I'd say I'm shooting for about 12 heroes for the release, about 60-ish items (rough estimate, give or take twenty), 4 upgradable tiers and relavant upgrades (you're human, you have knights. Want faster horses upgrade? Go for it!). I also need to nail down the current three game modes that will come with release.

There will certainly be the addition of more game modes, heroes, and items, as time progresses after the release.

@Etzer, I'll add you to a list of testers. Since I can't host, I'll send you the beta map when it is decently playable.

@Skycraft, I cannot write JASS, and don't want to write tons and tons of AI triggers in GUI. Unless I get a dedicated person for it, it probably won't happen. Since this map is still in way, way alpha stage, that isn't even really a chief concern for me right now.

@Hades, you are most certainly welcome to join the team as a terrainer. I have laid down a basic concept of the five islands and tree/doodad placement, but I didnt spend more than two hours doing it. You can also feel free to look over my triggers and my spells, a second opinion is really nice. I've focused my energy on hero creation. As far as innovation goes, I am planning on nothing radically new, but my spells are going to be the main driver of the new and exciting inside this map. While I am a decent GUI'er, I am going to utilize systems like Bribes IsUnitMoving to help greatly enhance the effects of my spell, and I'm also using simple but incredibly useful techniques to bring some originality to the genre.

As far as the genre mix idea goes, it started off as a footies map, and kindof morphed slowly into AoS. The morphing slowly changed the terrain, and the terrain slowly changed the ideas. Imagine it as an AoS with more of a focus on units, and how units can severely impact your gameplay. Any footies pro knows that auras and aoe buffs are better than buying a claws of attack for your hero, and I wanted to implement that in the AoS genre. That started by putting the units under playable control. Next I focused more on area of effect spells, and auras, rather than killer single target and passive abilities. While there will be some hero hunters, and more assist based heroes, the creeps will really take the spotlight up until about level 16. Then it morphs from a game about lane control to a game about spazzy heroes, and intense mouse and button combos that completely destroy the other player. So strategy revolves around whether you want to try to rush the objective early (probably better for CTF or KOTH), or wait until your hero grows strong and can solo an army (probably better for conquest mode)

As far as the skins go, I guess I did use a lot of DC's. Since I have absolutely no artistic talent, and I wanted high quality models and skins, I pretty much used what was available. While the Lich King and Shandris are both DC's, my personal favorite is the naga myrmidon. Great edit on that skin.

@Saif, sorry you don't see YOUR icon yet :D

Yes I need to make sure to add hero glows to all my units. Im going to download the hero glow pack from the models and just attach them to the heroes when they are picked. Thank you for supporting this project. And there is always a spot open for you as artist after you produced that fabulous chameleon icon (which is used in the ability chameleon, still testing it for bugs).

Thanks to everyone who commented. Not even twenty four hours and there is already interest. I'd also like to thank those artists who made the models, skins, and icons used in my map. A full credit log exists in game (I haven't forgotten a single one of you.)

Level 26

• Fully Customized Heroes
  • Unique and Interesting Items
  • Incredible Use of Imported Materials
  • Multiple Game Modes
  • Multiplayer Mayhem
  • Balanced to Perfection

• modest display

"Incredible Use of Imported Materials" --> and then you show a Paladin and a Naga in broadsheet with no essential adding characteristics?

I'm always a bit sceptical about any map that is about to be based on AoS, since DotA is the leading map in wc3 by far...

Wondered if this was the beginning of an [irony]-block :/

Well, not much more precisely revealed at this point. Request a terrain layout overview. Why having different modes in a longer, epic-styled map? Cannot concentrate on one? This intersects with perfect balancing. Or are these modes all simultaneously combined in one time of gaming?

Level 16
  • modest display

"Incredible Use of Imported Materials" --> and then you show a Paladin and a Naga in broadsheet with no essential adding characteristics?

Wondered if this was the beginning of an [irony]-block :/

Well, not much more precisely revealed at this point. Request a terrain layout overview. Why having different modes in a longer, epic-styled map? Cannot concentrate on one? This intersects with perfect balancing. Or are these modes all simultaneously combined in one time of gaming?

Not intended to be modest. Advertising never should be.

The Paladin is a model by Callahan, the Naga a skin by Dentothor. I'd link them if you deem it necessary. What is broadsheet? Please explain.

No DotA is definitely the most popular AoS

I don't have a terrain layout because I requested a terrainer. While I do have the rough shape, I don't want to reveal sub-standard work. I want this map to be high quality. As far as game modes go, I like variety. Instead of making a new map just for CTF, I could use an existing one with tons of heroes and items. The long term goal for this project, is to create a fun multiplayer map with tons of replayability. Now perfect balancing obviously won't be possible, especially with such variation in game modes, but I'm going to try to get it as close as possible. Obviously some heroes will be good at some game modes, while some are not, but this game also is about the units

I appreciate the comment however, some interesting food for thought. I'm going to pull the veil more and more the longer this project progresses, with constant updates every time something is added. Expect a new hero concept to be available within the week.

Level 26
Not intended to be modest. Advertising never should be.

[/irony] At least take adjectives that really are interesting and accurate, not the general stuff like "perfect", "interesting" or "incredible". Incredible means unimaginable, so you doubt everyone's imagination? Why would I even have expectations at this point without knowing a shred of the map? The comparison misses.

The Paladin is a model by Callahan, the Naga a skin by Dentothor. I'd link them if you deem it necessary. What is broadsheet? Please explain.

It is not that I wanted your resources linked. But from what I just mentioned with the credibility, since the lack of another meaning, I have guessed you just wanted to say that you use senceful, appropriate imports and pay attention to capacities --> whereas I pointed at the Paladin and Myrmidon in picture, which seem hardly differing from the standard ones and therefore seem superfluous. However, this also depends on the over-all scenery of which we do not see as much yet. By "broadsheet" I meant large-sized.

No DotA is definitely the most popular AoS

"Leading" implies that this map would be a model for most other AoS maps, which is definitely not the case (maybe gaining the popularity but not copying/recreating the map's contents)

I don't have a terrain layout because I requested a terrainer. While I do have the rough shape, I don't want to reveal sub-standard work.

rough shape = layout

Level 6
About the DotA Part, to sum DotA up:
Nicely balanced, crappy terrain, wide variety of heroes :fullstop:

About those Hero-Glows, you can just add them with Magos' Model Editor, can do that for you, no big deal, just takes a minute per model.
Also, I wrote you some PMs Jazztastic :)

Level 16
Got the pm. A link to the version of New Gen editor you're using would be nice.

Adding the hero glows would be nice. I could just download the hero glow and add it when the unit is picked, but if you want to do it that way go ahead.

I'm going to get off for right now, in a little bit. I gotta practice my drums for a bit and do some housework, but I should be able to check in later tonight about anything you send.

Level 16
After taking this into consideration, I have decided that this map will use plain old vanilla wc3.

@Hades17, There is a solution. Assuming you can use WE without JNGP after you installed it (I do not have it, and I am not going to give up hashtables to get it), you could always base it off of the Ultimate Terraining Map. Tiles don't worry me for the terrain, basing it off of sunken ruins is fine, but it lacks the doodads for a good terrainer to fully conquer the landscape. I do appreciate the offer to help, but making the switch to JNGP makes mapmaking uncomfortable for me. If you want to help still, there are three options open.

-Use the UTM as a base and do my terrain in vanilla wc3 editor
-Become a Hero Designer, which involves coming up with ideas for synergized heroes. This would mean finding skins/models and icons for the hero, and coming up with spell ideas and their sfx.
-Become a map tester, who will play the map once it is Beta phase and write about any errors/bugs found while playing, along with suggestions about what to improve and how to balance it more.

@Magtheridon96, that long list of systems I sent you earlier, meh. I really feel uncomfortable with JNGP, and since vJASS is a part of that, I can't accept your help.

I'm sorry for any time I wasted with the two of you, but it is my map, I will do it in a comfortable and easy way.

My regards,
Jazztastic

Level 6
[...]
-Use the UTM as a base and do my terrain in vanilla wc3 editor // or use JNGP :p
-Become a Hero Designer, which involves coming up with ideas for synergized heroes. This would mean finding skins/models and icons for the hero, and coming up with spell ideas and their sfx.
-Become a map tester, who will play the map once it is Beta phase and write about any errors/bugs found while playing, along with suggestions about what to improve and how to balance it more.
[...]
My regards,
Jazztastic

I think I will start with option number one, go over to number two and finally end up with number three :ogre_hurrhurr:
However, Hashtables can still cause MINOR (!) lags in huge maps if they are used very frequently. Thank Blizzard and their poor implementation for it.

Level 16
I've been adding more hero concepts, and a few abilities. The viel will be pulled more as the heroes become closer to completion, so stay tuned.

Items are just beginning birth. Once I get a few items in a few different categories, then you will begin to see item tables.

@Derp, I'm ecstatic about your interest in the project. Even with your sub-par computer, if you can code a few spells for my project, that would be incredibly nice. If you're interested I'll send you some concepts I have over pm.

And about Resurrection, it the Templar hero is a mix of fighting and holy powers. It has a hefty manacost, and 45 second cooldown, maybe longer (depending on testing). It can't target heroes, and it will only be as powerful as the creatures you have. I don't think it will be unbalanced, and if it is, I can always edit.

Level 6
Best of luck with the project! Ah at times i do wish i never deleted WC3, nor lost the disc for it. Could've helped with terraining and brainstorming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.