• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Conjure Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi There:)
With what main spell i need to work to obtain the Conjure Image (from dota 1 - terrorblade)

That spell work like this:
When i press the hotkey "e" the hero will start to spawn an illusion to himself in front of him.

How can i do this spell in world editor? Based on what ability and how?
I'm a little bit advanced beginner in world editor so, if you can put please a map with the spell here:)
The help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 66
Level 12
Do you know how to use dummy units? You can create ability with this way (for non-dota players, its not based on mirror image because each cast creates an additional illusion):

1- Create an ability that does nothing, your hero will have this ability for stuff like ability tooltip, manacost, casting animation etc... But not actual illusion creation.

2- Create another ability based on wand of illusion's ability.

3- When your hero casts ability, create a dummy unit, add it our illusion creator ability and order dummy to cast this illusion ability on your hero.

Level 11
Do you know how to use dummy units? You can create ability with this way (for non-dota players, its not based on mirror image because each cast creates an additional illusion):

1- Create an ability that does nothing, your hero will have this ability for stuff like ability tooltip, manacost, casting animation etc... But not actual illusion creation.

2- Create another ability based on wand of illusion's ability.

3- When your hero casts ability, create a dummy unit, add it our illusion creator ability and order dummy to cast this illusion ability on your hero.

I understand the logic behind of what you say, but i don't know how to use a dummy and i don't know how to make this spell in order to work..
Can you attach a map here with your example, so i can see and understand and maybe even copy the result, thanks:)

Level 39
  • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
  • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at TempPoint facing default building facing degrees.
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint) //change the name to match the name of your point variable but keep the udg_ prefix
  • Unit - Add WAND ABILITY to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Set level of WAND ABILITY for (Last created unit) to (Level of HERO ABILITY) for (Triggering Unit)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Wand of Illusion (Triggering Unit)
  • Unit - Add a 1.00 second expiration timer to (Last created unit)
The point stuff is to clean a leak. You can find out about that here: Things That Leak

I do NOT know the actual name of the illusion order that you will find in the list of orders. I guessed at what it will be called in my trigger above but cannot check because I do not have power at home. You will have to look through the list of orders and find the right one. It is NOT the blade master mirror image order.

Level 12
I finally opened my windows (which happens rarely these days), created a test map, log on to forum and saw Pyrogasm posted on the topic, thinking that he already posted a map and all my efforts were wasted, but thankfully he did not.

Attachments

• ability_conjure_image.w3x
    11.1 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.