• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WoW-Style Conjure Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay I did the search option and I couldn't find anything like this. So what I am after is basically a type of spell via triggers or even through the object editor that I can setup that works like a mage's conjure water spell in World of WarCraft.

I have a map that is basically a huge "WoW" style map where you actually have all the classes and the mage actually has the ability to conjure "non-combat" clarity potion type water. It summons it right next to the mage and they can use it to restore mana. I would simply use the spell from the map except that the map is protected and I can't pull anything from it even with "deprotection" methods. I have tried to find the author of the map but it seems to have been a one off and I can't even find the person.

Does anyone have any idea of how one could do this?

Level 1
I actually found the map on this site. But its protected.

WoW Battlegrounds AV 4.5

By deathring... funny enough he's registered on this site. And I didn't even know this until I looked tonight. I really should lrn2research.

Anyway the spell is actually used in this map and yes the hero casts the spell conjure water and it creates a item next to the hero that is a non-combat consumable to restore mana like clarity potion. I would love to actually look at this map but its protected and I can't actually get past the protection. I am thinking maybe I should send a PM to deathring on this site.

Level 1
You know the biggest "issue" I seem to be having with this beyond the trigger method is the fact that units and items cannot be converged. I'm trying to think of a way of creating a seemingly "blank" ability and just having it so that anytime that ability is cast... it does nothing but the trigger causes it to the clarity potion.

Status
Not open for further replies.