• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Change Water Tint in specified area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! I'm pretty new to these forums (don't look at my join date, haven't used account in ages). Anyways what I need is a trigger or a way to change the water tint in a area/region. I just can't seem to find anyway but to change it in Map Options but the problem with that is it also changes the water tint of other areas of water in my map.
I have Lots of water in my map but only want some of it tinted and the rest to stay same colour so if anyway can help I will be grateful. I also understand theres some kind of Rep system here and I will +Rep you and if I can't find out how to I will ask for that too :xxd:

I would prefer it in Triggers instead of JASS but if it can only be done in JASS then please tell me how to implement it (yes I'm hopeless with JASS/AI).
Thanks!

peq

peq

Level 6
You could periodically check the camera position and change the global water tinting based on the position of the camera. I think this can be done without Jass but will probably desync in multiplayer when done in GUI.
Also this only works when the player cannot see two different tinted waters at once.

A better solution would be to set the water transparent at map init and use Infranes water plane model for the visual part of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.