• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Confusing problem regarding gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
trigger
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to [some ability]
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
([some unit] is dead) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Destructible - Open Gate (Vertical) 8874 <gen>
Game - Display to (All players) the text: TRIGGER ACTIVATED
Sound - Play Reincarnation <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Else - Actions

Basically, I'm trying to make a gate open when a unit uses an ability, but only if a certain unit is dead. Almost everything about this trigger works fine: If the unit is dead the sound will play and the text telling me it worked will show up. However, the gate doesn't open.

I don't understand why the gate won't open; I've made other triggers to open gates in the past (by clicking on a unit, typing a string, or when a unit enters a region), but this one has me stumped. What did I do wrong?

Level 6
Don't forget to destroy that sound.
It will still play through, even if you destroy it immediately after playing.

Anyways, the only problem I could see happening, is if you accidentally chose the wrong gate?
If it really does run through the rest of the trigger.

Level 2
Hey, thanks for the help. What's weird is that when I made the same trigger in a different map and copy/pasted into my map, it started working fine. Whatever. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.