• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Confronting The Baron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright this map is a third person shooter. I need ideas on how to make this map accepted and downloadable. The only credits I give is to Kitabatake and HappyTauren for unit models. You move with arrow keys and shoot with escape key. there are more bonus features once you read the map description in the loading page.

Attachments

• Confront The Baron PROTECTED.w3x
    3.5 MB · Views: 134
  • CTBInGamePic1.jpg
    CTBInGamePic1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 84
  • CTBInGamePic3.jpg
    CTBInGamePic3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 114
  • CTBInGamePic4.jpg
    CTBInGamePic4.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 92
  • CTBInGamePic5.jpg
    CTBInGamePic5.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 114
  • CTBInGamePic6.jpg
    CTBInGamePic6.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 81
  • CTBInGamePic2.jpg
    CTBInGamePic2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 94
Level 4
I don't know where any errors would be seeing how i tested it with 2 people 3 people and 4 people and everything was fine the only thing that was hard was aiming using the arrow keys in which so i fixed that by adding in Alternate Aim and Aim Assist. Maybe my movement trigger has leaks? oh and Yes I added the upgradeable armor and movespeed but i havent uploaded it since kobas is helpin me fix it :) thanks kobas!!

Ok let see... Confront The Baron v0.48

Things that I like:

1st: - Map is dark, with fog looks a little scary
2nd - Idea

Things that I don't like:

1st - I can't see bullets
2nd - Only few blood details
3th - Some triggers have leaks
4th - Some triggers are bad
5th - Use mp3 files as music not sound (that tehno and boss if I remember well)
6th - Add more doodads (buildings etc)

Word or 2 to Author:

I attached your map so you can check some triggers, don't worry I deleted rest, changed terrain and removed imported files ^^
I want from ya to check map and see how I edited your triggers!
If you use trigger only once in your game, you can delete/destroy it after!
Clean leaks (I cleaned point or region in that one)
You should add more blood, after kill etc etc!
More weapons, one shooter can have pistol (small aoe, dmg but very fast as), another bazooka (large aoe, dmg, but very slow as), another I don't know flamethrower (dmg over time, small range) and sniper (small aoe, awesome dmg and ultimate range but poor as):D
You can then create crates or ammunition for them, they can pick medic etc etc! Add more monsters (low them hp) and make game faster!
Only shooting with some spells that will improve armor dmg isn't really good! Add more stuff to it!

I hope this help a little!

Attachments

• Confront The Baron X.w3x
    22.2 KB · Views: 60
Level 4
ah well i could probably remove some lag if i changed up the move triggers a bit I suppose. I'm really just working on my editor skills for when I buy SC2 cuz i'm only gonna be using galaxy editor haha.. thanks for your help though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.