• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Concept] Creep Wars(subject to change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I. Introduction
Hello. For some of you who knew me, I was here on the Hive a few months ago but I got caught up in my academics and I have finally decided to come back and start working on a few projects. I have many unfinished projects and much to learn, but I'm hoping to make game development and coding a very bright future for myself, all help from fellow members and my own study of code, natives, examples, tutorials, hopefully will help me become as good a coder as Nestharus (Great coder, love your work, please work on your naming of variables so I can better learn from you.) or maybe even Bribe (astonishing skills, what a master at the hands of the developing community).

II. Concept
Right now, my header project and first I expect to release is a map currently titled: Creep Wars, in which players will select a race that will vary in difficult according to many different aspects of heroes and buffs given to enemy creeps. The races as they stand are: Dwarf, Elf, Bandit, Demon, Undead, Orc, Human, Naga, Ogre, and the developers special race of Draconic. (No noticable differences, the admin race is actually going to be one of the hardest to play. Don't get the wrong idea, its just for simple looks.)
Current sets for races:
  • The bandits are a rag tag gang of thieves. They gain extra gold every kill. Good for new players.
  • The demons are a special and unique race. The heroes are difficult to use and they give off an aura healing enemies around them. For advanced players only.
  • The dwarves are a sturdy, medium strength race. Good for moderate players.
  • The elves are magical, low hp, high damage creatures. Good for moderate players.
  • The humans are a balanced fighting and defensive race. Very beefy and good for new players.
  • The naga are a balanced race and can be learned easy. Great for beginners.
  • The orcs are brutally strong, but are weak to magical attacks. Good for any player.
  • The undead are a vicious bloodthirsty race, yet weaker than the others. For veteran players only.
  • The ogres are a barbaric, yet spiritual group. Good for newer players, but moderate players would also enjoy them.
  • The dragons have been weakened by civil war and poaching. Their forces are super tough and strong, however their champions are weaker and don't do an adequate amount of melee damage, but thrive with spells. For Team Members only.
A lot of the difficulty in this map's concept was figuring out how we could put more power in the player's hand to do customization. After much thought, I came up with some very unique ideas. Some of which are.
  • Adding the abillity to level up spawns by having static number of spawns per player.
  • PvP Spells to hinder your opponents.
  • Random Arena Fights. 1v1 and FFA.
  • Random boss encounters (Not yet considered to be included, only thought of at the moment)

III. Current Progress
Currently, the terrain and minimal systems have been laid out. This along with text layout in notebooks and some setup for how I want to set the game up. I'm currently PERSONALLY looking for people to help on my project with me, but I do not have open submissions at the moment. I'm sure that the hiveworkshop will be a great resource in the project for models and skins and other files, which will be credited of course :). I hope to have some support as I jump back in to the editor, jass, and simply get back to working with the best community for Wc3 developing in the internet.

IV.Conclusion
I would like to say that I'll be keeping this updated and I'd love to get some feedback from everyone and will be posting some beta and screenshots soon! Thank you for reading and I hope with your support I can get a quality, starting map out into the community.

V. Update #1
Hello. This update will be covering some of the changes that have occurred so far. I've updated the UI to include the basis for two new systems: Souls and Strength. Souls will be gained through player events, and can be used automatically to revive you if your hero dies and will replace wood. Strength will be a replenishing resource that restores every random periodic set of seconds (rand int between x and y) and can be used to hinder your opponents through the use of offensive spells, or can boost your own power by protecting you from spells or upgrading your hero. Currently two races have their heroes fully set out; human Archknight, Pirate, and Pyromancer, and naga Typhoon Blade, Stealthviper, and Enchantress. Screenshots are below. More updates are to come.

Attachments

• Game_View_Out.png
    Game_View_Out.png
    908.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Human_Heroes.png
    Human_Heroes.png
    886 KB · Views: 139
  • Naga_Heroes.png
    Naga_Heroes.png
    846 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Status