• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer player messes up trigger orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
so i have this map that in each corner spawns a unit ans has it attack move to the center so they all kill each other. the problem is that i have computer players who they belong to take them and have them move and just sit in the base for literally the whole game making it impossible to win as the bases have too many units in. i tried making the user type for them set to none but then they are hostile toward everyone. i defeated them in map initialization but they still did it. i even changed there race to be different from the units that are spawning but they still stood in the base piling up. im pretty sure if i set it to neutral instead of computer they would just sit in the middle and not attack anything which takes the point out of them.

does anyone got any ideas to make the computer players not move the units?

Level 8
In the scenario player porperties the owners of those units are really controlled by "none", right? If so, that shouldn't happen. Make sure it's not any of your other triggers giving them orders.

Level 5
Ok, This is a common problem, That is caused by a computer controlled unit's ai. This includes creeps, and ai controled units.
The way it works, as far as i can tell. is that each unit, when created, which includes preplaced unit, trigger created unit, or (I think) trained units, and summoned unit, they remeber their start locations. This location is considered to be their guard location. Now, They may aquire a target, or recieve an order via triggers, or from the ai telling it to do this. However, once they get far enough away from their guard location, if they are not attacking, (or idle)
for long enough, they will return to their guard location. To fix this:

Go into game-play constants, and change the
Creeps - Guard Distance from 600 to as high as it goes
Creeps - Guard Return Distance to as high as it goes
Creeps - Guard Return Delay to as high as it goes(I think, I dont have access to a world editer right now, its right after the guard return distance I think)

That should fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.