• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Commander Jarod (War of the Ancient)

I created this model for everyone.
Give Credits first before downloading or using it.
This model have a lot of version but ill give the first version that i have to this model.
If your using some parts of my model or texture you need to start conversation with me so i can give permission.

Jarod Shadowsong:

The younger brother of Maiev Shadowsong,student of Kur'talos Ravencrest, and was commander of the Kaldorei Resistance during the War of the Ancients.He becomes a hero and leader to the night elves following the war's conclusion, and is instrumental in easing tensions between his people and the Highborne.[3] Prior to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, he had not appeared outside the novels, and was never mentioned outside this solitary appearance.

WOWiki

Keywords:
World of Warcraft,Hero,NightElf,Commander

SCREENSHOT
full

full

UPDATES

Update:v1.0
PitLord Shoulderpads-->DragonSpawn Shoulderpads.
Reset the texture of pants.

Update:v1.1
Add alpha channel to the two custom textures.
Changing parts of the two custom textures.
Changing path texture of windglow and blizparticle(Attack slam).

Special thanks to:
Grey Knight-For his nerubian armor and already given permission.
Tenebrae-For his blademaster texture parts.
MechanicalMan-He help me how to add or remove alpha channels.
and of course credits have been given to them.

Update:v1.2
The Health bar is now fixed.

Update:v1.3
Add texture Old Jarod Shadowsong version (White hair).

Update:v1.4
Fix the plane of the sword.

Update:v1.5
Fix the omni-light Bug

Special thanks and credits to Grey Knight for helping me fixing the major bugs in this model.
Contents

Commander Jarod (WotA) (Model)

Commander Jarod (WotA)_Portrait (Model)

Commander Jarod Old Version (Texture)

Reviews
General Frank
A fine model edit with heavy copy and paste textures and lots of geometry merging. A fine execution of the art it is based on. Good job. Works in-game.
Level 50
I like it. You definitely need to try to use in game textures. There are a lot of ways to make same results without the custom texture. You can use blank white textures and tint it with the geoset coloring or you can just add green team color instead of usual team color.
For the muscles, istead of custom texture you can use some night elf texture or use human one and tint it with the geoset coloring.

Level 8
I would suggest changing the shoulder pad textures from the Pitlord to the Dragonspawnextras. I also think using the Nerubian texture for a majority of his armor is a cool idea since it fits his armor scheme pretty well. Cool model though, I like it.

Level 8
I like it. You definitely need to try to use in game textures. There are a lot of ways to make same results without the custom texture. You can use blank white textures and tint it with the geoset coloring or you can just add green team color instead of usual team color.
For the muscles, istead of custom texture you can use some night elf texture or use human one and tint it with the geoset coloring.
i don't know how to use in game textures,add team color, and warpping textures plus i don't know how to run imported animation on the base file.
I would suggest changing the shoulder pad textures from the Pitlord to the Dragonspawnextras. I also think using the Nerubian texture for a majority of his armor is a cool idea since it fits his armor scheme pretty well. Cool model though, I like it.
Sure,no problem.

Last edited:
You probably need Magos and vertex modifier, but the problem will not be that easy to fix for you.

It seems that you recalculated the extends of the model, which has made the issue with health bar clear.
You probably need to extract the geosets that are used by the bladestorm effect, scale them down, reimport them and then scale them with bone scaling animation. This should probably fix the issue.

But as I said, it is a very complicated process and very easy to mess up. You can try though.

Last edited: