• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Comet and Meteor Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
This is a really simple, easy spell. A comet falls from the sky and damages an area, much like the inferno spell but without a summon.

Problem is, the animation peforms but no damage is done. I removed the Buff, the summoned unit, the duration (to 0). Besides the minor art fields, that's really all I've changed.

My second spell is meteor storm. This is suppose to be like the Rain of Chaos but with more comets and the use of the aformentioned spell.
Bunch of comets rain down in an area, doing damage at random places.

I wouldn't mind making these spells Trigger or JASS enhanced as well. Infact, I'd prefer it. I just don't know how to do AoE effects + damage in an widespread area for meteor storm.

Nor do I know the proper wait to damage enemies only in an area properly. Sometimes the triggers I use get screwy. Like, really screwy. Especially when I use Picked Units.

Dude.. use the inferno spell.
But one thing, don't put duration to 0 .. put 0.1
If you can see the summoned unit.. just make a dummy that has hp of 1 and -1 regen and put model to .mdl.. the damage will only perform if a unit is summoned.

Trigger: Unit - Damage Area isn't effecient.. use pick every unit in XXX and do Unit - Damage Target

Level 13
Alright. I'm aware that most values below 0.1 have a tendency to fail the spell, but it's always fuzzy what values are and arent important in that regard.

I set the Summon Duration and Stun Duration to 0.1 I'm using Vexorian's Caster System, so I used the dummy model from that system.

I have yet to test it out in game though.

Now the next one, the Meteor Show, where multiple Comets rain down from the sky like Rain of Chaos.

When I set it with the spell as Chaos, it just does a single animation in the middle of the targeted area. So how do I fix that? Do I have to trigger that one up? And is there any way to keep the spells from damaging trees.

Level 12
Setting the stun duration to 0.1 will be a short stun, but it will still stun and make an impact on gameplay. For instance, the ability will still stop the channeling of targeted units. If this doesn't really effect your game, then setting duration to 0.1 is fine. But if it does then I suggest you go a little more advanced with it.

Level 8
It can be done using triggers:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit spawns a summoned unit
  • Conditions
    • Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) equal to Infernal
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
By the way, if you want a real Inferno spell in the game too, this won't work. Change the Infernal of the meteor ability to for example Dune Worm, and change it in the trigger too.

Level 2
Make the targets to Enemy, Ground ... it SHOULD make it target only enemies ... if it doesn't have Enemy in it, it means that it will target anything. I think. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.