• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combined Hotkeys and Multiple Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
you know, each unit/building/upgrade has a hotkey. I am working on a custom map that will have truckloads of new units, and I want them all to have hotkeys. Unfortunately, the alphabet has only a limited number of letters, so I'm asking if it's possible to have key combinations as hotkeys. For example, Alt+A to train unit A, Ctrl+A to train another unit, while simply A trains yet another unit. This will lead to my second issue, but I'll return to that in a second. So, how can I make it so key combination will work as hotkeys? I've disabled most in-game hotkeys so it won't interfere with gameplay. ( such as the Show all Healthbars key)

As I mentioned earlier, ahving more untis bring yet another issue: multiple units being trained from the same building causing them to be crowded, especially the Barracks. I'm planning to have it to train 14 different units and a total of 20 different upgrades . So, obviously, I kinda need to make it so there's a "next page" in the interface. I made a button model, but I don't know what to do to make it work or even be put in the building.

Level 23
well this is rather simple to solve

the interface only allows to sell 12 units/items which means you can have 11 units with unique hotkeys(very easy, there are at least 26 hotkeyable characters(A-Z)) and then make new page which has another 11 and has another new page, which will have the same hotkeys.

You can solve this by 2 methods, either you sell dummy unit, and when you sell the unit, you select some dummy that is too small to be seen which sells another units, or you can make it via spellbooks(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/mysteries-spellbook-33039/)

Status
Not open for further replies.