• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Code Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there.

I made a mini-game I would like you to test. It's pretty simple where you must get some numbers and put then in right order. Just test the map and tell me bugs, suggestions, etc, etc.

This mini-game will be added to The Chosen Ones.

I cannot test it myself because my laptop lags like hell when playing any games plus I'm in army which means I don't have time to find every single bug.

+rep will be given for testers!

Attachments

• Code Puzzle 1.0.w3x
    752.2 KB · Views: 120
Level 37
Alright, I played it through.

It's not too bad when you figure out a good system, and do it wit pen and paper.

What I'd like to see:

1) A multiboard that shows the randomized numbers, how many tries you have left and what codes you have put in. This would eliminate the need to use pen and paper somewhat.

2) Since you can get new codes over and over, consider eliminating the possibility of getting 6688 for example, two and two of the same number. Those are easy to solve.

3) Clear the dead bodies after fights, so the following fight's mages won't have bodies to raise skeletons from.

4) Didn't like the slow moving speed and waits were too long with fade outs, dialog appearing etc. But that's just me, I'm impatient player sometimes :)

5) Maybe create the code input system with dialog buttons. First it asks for number 1 and gives four options, then number 2 etc.

PS. Hajoo aamuihis.

Level 37
Maker said:
1) A multiboard that shows the randomized numbers, how many tries you have left and what codes you have put in. This would eliminate the need to use pen and paper somewhat.
I cannot add a multiboard because the campaign already uses one. :/

Maker said:
2) Since you can get new codes over and over, consider eliminating the possibility of getting 6688 for example, two and two of the same number. Those are easy to solve.
Oh yea, that have to be fixed.

Maker said:
3) Clear the dead bodies after fights, so the following fight's mages won't have bodies to raise skeletons from.
Well, the fights are just example it will be a lot different in the campaign...

Maker said:
4) Didn't like the slow moving speed and waits were too long with fade outs, dialog appearing etc. But that's just me, I'm impatient player sometimes :)
I'll see if I can make them a little bit faster.

Maker said:
5) Maybe create the code input system with dialog buttons. First it asks for number 1 and gives four options, then number 2 etc.
Nooo, it takes too much time.

Maker said:
PS. Hajoo aamuihis.
149. :<

Did you complete the mini-game? Anyways... Thanks for testing, I try to improve the mini-game. +rep!

Level 2
Great Idea for a nice minigame :)

I hadn't completed it, but i can still give some feedback

It is a bit annoying having only 1 try left after the fight against the mages. I think 10 would be to much, because players would be able just to try every combination, but 3 or 5 attempts would do fine.

However keep working at The Chosen Ones, will be pleased to play the beta :)

Status
Not open for further replies.