• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

COD: Extinction

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Call of Duty: Extinction
Created by Black Badger

Map Info:

This map is Single-Player only. Destroy alien Hives and the creatures lurking within. Once all 5 Hives are destroyed, you achieve victory. This is Chapter I of the series. Chapter II will uploaded soon with new content and creatures. We're trying to keep pace with the actual COD: Ghost game, so whenever they release new DLC content. So will we.

Please leave a comment of what you think of the map!

Loading Screen
223599-albums7043-picture78230.jpg

Hypno Knife Used on Scorpion
223599-albums7043-picture78233.jpg

Barrier Hive
223599-albums7043-picture78232.jpg

Features:

-Multiple Soldiers with different specializations. New Soldiers may be unlocked from gaining prestige.
-Over 40+ Items [Weapons, Armor, Equipment.]
-Unique Terrain scarred from war-torn battle with the aliens.
-Multiple alien classes.
-Difficulty Modes [At the start of the game the player may opt to increase the difficulty, if so, harder aliens will spawn and there will be more of them, however, the player will hit Prestige 2 upon detonation of the last Hive.
-Killstreaks [Players may trade in their kills at shops for gear or other equipment or choose to save them to acquire Killstreaks. These include Care Package Drops, Squad Mates and even an Attack Chopper.

Change Log:

Added:
  • Major Unit Re-Balancing
  • Several Terrain Re-Texturing
  • New Classes Added

Added:
  • Classes Tweaked
  • Terrain Overhaul
  • Variety of Aliens Increased

Added:
  • Seeker&Scorpion Re-Balanced
  • Difficulty Tweaked
  • Killstreak Added/Barrier Hive Added

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Liquid_TL
  • Liquid_Ace
  • Silver_Physics
Also Thanks to..
Models/SKins/Icons: The Hive Workshop
Author's notes:

Black Hand Industries™ 2013
All Rights Reserved
No part of this map or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Alien, Modern, Warefare, RPG, COD.
Contents

COD: Extinction (Map)

Reviews
12:37, 8th Apr 2014 Orcnet:

M

12:37, 8th Apr 2014
Orcnet:
Filmting;2507912 said:
Video Review:
[YOUTUBE]Video Review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7HZrWDjA4&feature=youtu.be

Text Review:
As it stands right now, the map is horrible. Overall low quality and polish. Various bugs such as the UAV triggering events, green icons which are never good, ugly and werid terrain with both outland rocks, snow, creep and ashenvale at the same area. Can walk through buildings, and random demonic gateways and nuclear explosion. Also the description could use some improvements, you should hide the images under a spoiler.
Check out the video for more information.

Score:
1/5 Rejected[/YOUTUBE]

Text Review:
As it stands right now, the map is horrible. Overall low quality and polish. Various bugs such as the UAV triggering events, green icons which are never good, ugly and werid terrain with both outland rocks, snow, creep and ashenvale at the same area. Can walk through buildings, and random demonic gateways and nuclear explosion. Also the description could use some improvements, you should hide the images under a spoiler.

Score:
1/5 Rejection

Level 21
Ehm, this map isn't really nice.

- Small variety of enemies
- Some icons turned green when I paused the game. Fix that! (See how in the suggestions)
- Some abilities r passive but the icons r for active ones. What the...
- Hard! Too hard for some players! Make the game easier to let everyone be able to win it! Monsters spawn immediately by surprise in clusters and I get killed quickly. And also monsters shouldn't spawn in groups but separately
- Terrain could be improved and is quite flat in some places

SUGGESTIONS:-
- To fix the problem of the icons, go find the DISBTN ones in the Import Manager, remove war3imported from them and type: ReplaceableTextures\DisabledCommandButtons
I think u should have done this with other icons because not all icons become green when I pause
- Make the terrain more hilly
- Monsters must not spawn in clusters
- Let passive abilities have passive icons
- The game should be easier OR choosable difficulty level should be implemented

Overall, I'll give it 2.5/5 and rate 3. Vote for APPROVAL! :wink:

Level 10
Ehm, this map isn't really nice.

- Small variety of enemies
- Some icons turned green when I paused the game. Fix that! (See how in the suggestions)
- Some abilities r passive but the icons r for active ones. What the...
- Hard! Too hard for some players! Make the game easier to let everyone be able to win it! Monsters spawn immediately by surprise in clusters and I get killed quickly. And also monsters shouldn't spawn in groups but separately
- Terrain could be improved and is quite flat in some places

SUGGESTIONS:-
- To fix the problem of the icons, go find the DISBTN ones in the Import Manager, remove war3imported from them and type: ReplaceableTextures\DisabledCommandButtons
I think u should have done this with other icons because not all icons become green when I pause
- Make the terrain more hilly
- Monsters must not spawn in clusters
- Let passive abilities have passive icons
- The game should be easier OR choosable difficulty level should be implemented

Overall, I'll give it 2.5/5 and rate 3. Vote for APPROVAL! :wink:

I guess those are two things if it's "too hard."
Could be just full of bugs.
Or it's definitely for expert players.

Level 5
Don't know about this one. Very short, not very involving. relatively easy (I like challenging more), but the way the enemies pop up is odd and doesn't allow to fall into the experience.

I personally found the terrain to be pretty ugly.

My Kill-Points vanished for no reason back to zero at one point. I also did not get a single Hive-Destroying point (or was I not intended to get them when destroying hives?)

sorry, but I vote 1/5 - rejection until further developement.

I suggest to begin anew, the concept is quite interesting, the execution right now is weak.

Level 16
Video Review:
[YOUTUBE]Video Review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7HZrWDjA4&feature=youtu.be

Text Review:

Score:
1/5 Rejected[/YOUTUBE]

Text Review:

Score:
1/5 Rejection