• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extinction - Prologue

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

The Extinction - Prologue

About
This Prologue shows the war between the Elven Kingdoms and the Human Alliance. While they're waging war against each other, a sneaking shadow lurks around, devastating the civilians.

I would like to thank Happy Tauren for the Explosion Model

I would also like to thank Sellenisko for the awesome Dwarven Mage Model

Thanks to Kael for inspiring me with his cinematic series, The Flood

Thanks to dts0301 for also inspiring me with his cool cinematic series, The Bloodline
Version 1.1: Added Preview Image and exchanged Loading screen.

Keywords:
Extinction, Prologue, Cinematic, Medieval, Warcraft, Elven, Human, Battle, War, Undead
Contents

Extinction - Prologue (Map)

Reviews
19:01, 2nd Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

M

19:01, 2nd Sep 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Level 28
You have chosen for a black border, but why did you leave the speech border untouched?

Either way: the terrain is bland, it seems as if it's been created in a very short timespan.
You could increase the number of environmental doodads, change the tileset and have less stacked trees.
The terrain raises should also be more smooth and natural.

The action in this cinematic was very rough: unit attacks once, other unit attacks and insta-kills.
The movement was also very rough: the knights moving down the hill were a complete mess, not what you'd expect from an army.

The storyline is still very vague, the only thing you talk about is that some races are at war for an unknown reason and they don't want to make peace for an unknown reason and it seems as if they don't recognize there is a war at all, or aren't willing to recognize that.
I didn't really get the bigger picture here...