• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CoD 2 shit download speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Any number of things could cause that.
How's the rest of your internet connection?

Level 27
Any number of things could cause that.
How's the rest of your internet connection?

well its not so fast but its not THAT slow.

However it has problems with timing out on certain points once in a while which causes to give the ''Connection Interupted'' message for some period of time. I have no idea what might cause that its seriously very strange =/

Have you ever considered to turn your browser, MSN, internet programs and torrents off?

Im not that dumb, i checked nothing was on only xfire.

Level 34
Have you tried unplugging your router or modem for a while? Unplug all the connections to it, and let it sit for about ten minutes. Plug it all back in, and see if that does anything.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Wireless are prone to slow DL speeds. Especially if there is a lot of noise or a weak signal, it can cause large numbers of transmission errors which result in wasted time and thus less time for new data to be transmited.

Try changing the frequency of your wireless to reduce possibilities of noise. If you are gaming, throw the wireless away and get wired. Although wireless gamming is possiable, it generally is unadvisable as not only can the connection be unreliable, but also it has higher ping which is very bad in gaming.

If your service is comming via cheap ADSL or other such services of low price, it is almost certainly oversold and so when everyone uses it insanly slow speeds are to be expected.

Level 27
K this is seriously getting fucking ridicilous and pissing me off now.

You know teeworlds? Well.. like a 5mb game some dudes made google it if you wanna know.

I play that sometimes, and well today i joined a funsever and my ping was like 84 so that's pretty acceptable right? shouldnt be a problem.

But somekind of fucking lag out of nowhere keeps pushing the screen down or something and also makes my charachter go down and when im in the mid of a jump where a mistake can cause life or death i get pushed down by the thing and i die. I cant fucking play like this wtf is the matter with this shit internet.

Okay, that was the swearing part... you have to admit this is totaly retarded right.

Guess im gonna convince my stubborn parents who clearly do not listen a fuck to what i say about our crappy internet to get us some freaking cable... (I bet my dad is going to nag about that he requires wireless internet on his laptop etc.)

Oh yeah the swearing part was over....

Status
Not open for further replies.