• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CnP through Paint

Level 19
If you cannot afford fancy photoshop or photoimpact (I can but you know whatever) then this tutorial might help you.
Tools Required:
War 3 Viewer
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/tools/6/
Paint
(Comes with Computer in Accessories)
Time Required:
5-10 minutes if that
Steps:
Step 1:
Open War 3 Viewer and go to Tree View/.Blp Section
Step 2:
Go to Replaceable Textures in Blp section
Step 3:
Go to Command Buttons in Blp section
Step 4:
Find Icon you want then right click and convert Blp to Bmp
Step 5:
Open up paint and open up image that you have converted
Step 6:
Select your entire image with the selection tools on the Tool Bar
Step 7:
Play with the selection field by selecting the blue dots on the corners and middles of the square to scale it from left to right and from up to down
Step 8:
Once your done with that Undo or re-open if necessary
Step 9:
Select again then go to Image/Flip Rotate and once there start messing around with that, you will sometimes have to re-scale to get a diagonal image to fit in the Icon Border.
Step 10:
Select your image again (without Border) and go to Image/Invert Colors, this will reverse all the colors in the selected field (Red=Blue Black=White and if used without making a selection field inverts all the colors in the image.
Step 11:
Open War 3 Viewer and Convert BMP to BLP and select your image, name it BTN"Anything"
Step 12:
You cannot just automatically darken it with Paint so you will have to make custom colors which are darker and color the border black for DISBTN.
Step 13:
The best way of making Custom Colors is to double click on a color in the bottom toolbar.
Step 14:
Now once your satisfied with that convert that as well and then import them in game to see your newly finished icon!!!

The Following are example of CnP through paint:

Attachments

• BTNStrangeReflection.bmp
    12.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DISBTNStrangeReflection.bmp
    12.1 KB · Views: 88
Level 45
1.Paint does not have alpha support
2.People can just use gimp or dl demos of some programs like psp etc
3.How does CNP teach people anything and how is it anywhere near original?
4.The black borders for the icons are not solid, they are faded.
5.Dont use bmp attachments.
6.This tut isnt easy to understand at all.
7.It doesnt really teach the use of DISBTN or PASBTN well at all.
8.Your not specifying the icon size.
9.Its missing alot of chunks on what an icon NEEDS to be acceptable in the database.

sorry if i seem like im nit picking but..this is how i feel and what i see as errors or flaws. So dont take this as too much of an offense.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That example looks like crap. And this technique is useless, and all other statements above are true as well.

Level 19
Yeah go ahead and delete this, it was my bro's idea. He thought it would be useful but it turned out like a smelly pile of mutilated dog shit. In fact, I don't even know why I listened to him, he's kind of an R-Tard sometimes. By the Archian love your avatar and I'm sorry I wasted your time. p.s. where can I get a scanner I need one of those to post my artwork.

Level 32
Scyth-Master;

If you don't want to work on this any more, then I'll just move it to the "Graveyard" for you. (mostly for the reasons that Archian, Chriz. and Werewulf outlined above.) You might still be able to edit it there if you ever want to try to improve it. Let me know if you have any questions.

~ Thread moved to Graveyard.