• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Cluster Rockets deal no damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I'm creating a spell based on Cluster Rockets where Kel'thuzad releases a bolt of ice to a targeted area to freeze and damage the enemies within. However, I did the buffs and effects but for some reason, the spell deals no damage and the enemies are stunned instead of frozen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I think Cluster Rockets uses one of the stunned buffs. The Cluster Rockets buff is not displayed, so changing the buff inside cluster rockets won't change anything. You would need to modify the correct stunned buff, but that would affect a lot of other abilities.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I think Cluster Rockets uses one of the stunned buffs. The Cluster Rockets buff is not displayed, so changing the buff inside cluster rockets won't change anything. You would need to modify the correct stunned buff, but that would affect a lot of other abilities.

Kindly elaborate, I'm not a very experienced map maker.

As for the buff, I used the freezing breath art for the buff model and the "origin" as attachment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Kindly elaborate, I'm not a very experienced map maker.
In short: It does not work.

I don't know what is the purpose of the buff "Cluster Rockets". The ability Cluster Rockets places a buff on it's targets. This buff is not the buff "Cluster Rockets", but the buff "stunned" (not sure which one there are several). Changing the buff "Cluster Rockets" or the buffs in the buff list of "Cluster Rockets" won't change anything.

If you want to change how it looks like (blue swirls to ice), you need to change it in the "stunned" buff. This will have side effects, as many abilities use the "stunned" buff.

Level 27
Ok, i've investigating this for myself for a while if you want to use a rocket cluster ability and change the special effect you need to mod this positive. "Stun (pause)"

Of course i still need to test if this affects in a negative way other spells with stun.

Here is a screen with the name of the skill in raw data.

From my interpretation, Cluster is hardcoded to the raw name of the buff, that is why i don't work with anything else, of course i don't understand why it shows the cluster rockets buff. Is insane.

Attachments

• Stun (Pause).png
    Stun (Pause).png
    99.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.