• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cluster Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
With cluster rocket i can't seem to figure out how to find the damage, etc.. because it says it deals 35 damage per rocket and in the object editor it says 8.somthing so can some one help me understand the way Cluster Rocket works?

Credits to Kojiro from Wc3campaigns.net

Alright... Let me just explain my theory to you.
Heres my formula for the cluster rockets damage.

Damage Interval (Can't Remember the name exactly)
Divided by
Effect Time
Multiplied by
Damage
Equals
Damage of the spell itself
Effect time will say how long the damage keeps being done for, so if you want to make a more smooth decay of life and watch their life drain in a constant stream, set the Damage Interval to a low amount, but you'll have to adjust the duration to fit the effects of the number of missiles to how long it'll take to drain the life... to make it look better aestheticly.

The number of rockets, I belive, mean acctually nothing at all.
You can add as many rockets as you can... (I dunno what the max number is) You can use 40 rockets, but all the rockets are released in a certian interval, so the missile speed means nothing either. Far as I know, the speed is adjusted based on how close you are to your target, this way the rockets try to fit the Effect Time. However, if you put a buttload of a rockets in, and even if you're far away, the speed of the rockets cannot be lower than a certian amount.

*Takes a Breath*

If your effect time is only 1.01 seconds.
And you have 50 rockets or whatever.
After 1.01 seconds, all of your damage will be done, but your rockets will still be streaming.
So, your effect time should be matched to how fast you know the missiles will be able to be released.

Hope that makes some vague assemblance of sense to people.
I think my theory is right... But, I'm not sure. I mean, why would they put in a missile speed if it doesn't do anything?

Btw, the hero and normal unit durations, as I'm sure everyone knows, are the length of the stun durations.

Status
Not open for further replies.