• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need knowlegde about Cluster Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I need to know what is the effects for the data of cluster rockets and is the damage of cluster damage sharable? I am making a cluster rockets skill like the avalanche of tiny of DOTA.

Alright, let's see...
  • Is the damage shareable? Not quite sure what you mean by this... but it does indeed damage multiple units.
  • Damage Amount: How much damage you deal after each Damage Interval.
  • Damage Interval: Amount of time between each instance of damage.
  • Missile Count: Purely a visual effect. This is how many missiles you see.
  • Effect Duration: How long the effect lasts.
  • Max Damage: The total damage the spell can potentially deal to the enemy (shared between enemies).
  • Cast Range, Cooldown, etc: Same as every other spell in WC3.

Happy to help.

Last edited:
Level 11
Alright, let's see...
  • Is the damage shareable? Not quite sure what you mean by this... but it does indeed damage multiple units.
  • Damage Amount: How much damage you deal after each Damage Interval.
  • Damage Interval: Amount of time between each instance of damage.
  • Missile Count: Purely a visual effect. This is how many missiles you see.
  • Effect Duration: How long the effect lasts.
  • Max Damage: The total damage the spell can potentially deal to the enemy.
  • Cast Range, Cooldown, etc: Same as every other spell in WC3.

Happy to help.

Hmmm just wondering about the missile count...Can this affect the damage of the spell.

Level 3
Hmmm just wondering about the missile count...Can this affect the damage of the spell.

Edit: It is indeed purely visual effect. Sorry for my mistake before cause' it's been a while since I use this spell. Guess my memory doesn't function correctly.

Last edited:
Level 3
After some testing; I found out some interesting facts about Cluster Rockets, hope they help! Thanks to Adiktuz for well...inspire me to test the ability, again.

First thing I found is the Max Damage is not the total damage the ability can deal.

I set the damage amount to 100; max damage to 100 and interval to 1 - which supposed to make the ability deal only 1 instance of damage. It does; however, the max damage is shared between unit affected. Meaning if you hit 2 units; each of them will only receive 50 damage; and 25 damage if you hit 4.

Next; I changed the interval to 0.01; which supposed to make the ability deal 101 instances of damage, capped at 100. So by the theory above, each unit should only received 100 damage no matter what. However, when I tested it, it instantly raped the Acolyte! After a few more test, the conclusion drawn is: the Max Damage only applied to EACH INSTANCE of damage from Cluster Rockets, which means the total damage the ability can potentially deal is not the Max Damage value.

The last thing I found out: you can stop Cluster Rockets from dealing damage. Simply stop channeling it. If you do that before the first missile reach the target point; the ability does absolutely nothing.

Hope these info help you on bug fixing and such.

Level 11
After some testing; I found out some interesting facts about Cluster Rockets, hope they help! Thanks to Adiktuz for well...inspire me to test the ability, again.

First thing I found is the Max Damage is not the total damage the ability can deal.

I set the damage amount to 100; max damage to 100 and interval to 1 - which supposed to make the ability deal only 1 instance of damage. It does; however, the max damage is shared between unit affected. Meaning if you hit 2 units; each of them will only receive 50 damage; and 25 damage if you hit 4.

Next; I changed the interval to 0.01; which supposed to make the ability deal 101 instances of damage, capped at 100. So by the theory above, each unit should only received 100 damage no matter what. However, when I tested it, it instantly raped the Acolyte! After a few more test, the conclusion drawn is: the Max Damage only applied to EACH INSTANCE of damage from Cluster Rockets, which means the total damage the ability can potentially deal is not the Max Damage value.

The last thing I found out: you can stop Cluster Rockets from dealing damage. Simply stop channeling it. If you do that before the first missile reach the target point; the ability does absolutely nothing.

Hope these info help you on bug fixing and such.
Just as I thought, Cluster Rockets' Damage is SHARABLE. I have a map with a custom cluster rockets. When I test it to one unit, the unit has raped and when I test it to 10 units well, the damage is a little bit lower.

Level 11

As I said in the first response, no.

Just as I thought, Cluster Rockets' Damage is SHARABLE. I have a map with a custom cluster rockets. When I test it to one unit, the unit has raped and when I test it to 10 units well, the damage is a little bit lower.
Hence, change the Max Damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.