• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Cluster Rockets bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having some difficulties with cluster rockets. A unit in my map is ordered to cast cluster rockets every 10 seconds, which is fine. All the object editor data is set correctly and it damages instantly with no stun (intended).

The problem starts when I want the unit to be a neutral hostile unit. The spell doesn't deal damage at all and the stun doesn't work. However if the unit casting the spell is any player between 1-24 it works as intended.

Attached a map, just open it in the editor and click test map. A cinematic will show the bug :p

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

The issue is easily solved by changing the units team after it has cast the spell, but still quite annoying. EDIT: Doesn't work after all.

Attachments

• ClusterRocketsLOL.w3x
    28 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Level 28
Just tested the spell on a neutral hostile unit and it works just fine. (I've tested it on patch 1.27a)

I was not able to open the map you've attached. In which version did you make that map? Maybe it's a patch-related bug.

Just tested the spell on a neutral hostile unit and it works just fine. (I've tested it on patch 1.27a)

I was not able to open the map you've attached. In which version did you make that map? Maybe it's a patch-related bug.
It's made with the most recent version, 1.31.1.

Alright. Upon disabling the custom trigger point remover and unit expiration timer triggers, it works.

EDIT: it's the expiration timer trigger that's the fault.
That doesn't make any sense at all though, as the rockets in Cluster Rocket reaches their target in aprox. .75 seconds and the expiration timer was set to 2 seconds :p But oh well if that solves it then I guess cluster rockets and expiration timers doesn't go well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.