• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cliffwalking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everybody :psmile:.
i need help creating a cliffwalking system. Like if you use windwalk u can walk on cliffs. Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:
Level 4
the collision size doesnt work. Metamorphosis will work but isnt there a better way? I will try it tomorow im going to bed now.

Level 4
I was reffering to the trigger. The trigger turn collision size off doesnt work you cant move through cliffs. (you can only walk through units for some strange reason) Now im really going to bed! (you answered before i turned the computer off)

Last edited:
Level 8
I was reffering to the trigger. The trigger turn collision size off doesnt work you cant move through cliffs. (you can only walk through units for some strange reason) Now im really going to bed! (you answered before i turned the computer off)

Yes you can. Maybe there is a problem with combining Wind Walk and SetUnitPathing(u, false)...

Use
  • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
It works for sure!

he said this, which is weird coz this method also works fine for me...

Level 4
Srry ive been away for a while. Im now repeating (since some people dont understand this) The trigger:
  • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
does not work for me. Thats why i started this thread. And i cant make it an air unit cuz that would ruin some triggering and stuff.

Level 8
I guess that there is no other way then -.-

But:
If you use custom created cliffs, pick pathing blockers and kill them :xxd:
Problem is that you still won't be able to pass through units or buildings -.-

Yes, you cannot disable the unit pathing while it's windwalking. :| Just don't use windwalk or any spell that changes pathing somehow. Use metamorphosis for example and then switch pathing off and then add a hidden permanent invisibility. When he turns off metamorphosis, turn pathing on and then remove the perm. invis. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.