• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Windwalk with -1 transition time and being able to cast spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi all,

I want a spell which allows the Hero to pass though other units, but not pass through terrain.

Windwalk with a -1 transition time allows this behaviour, and without turning the caster transparent. However, casting a spell ends the Windwalk immediately.

I searched around and found some answers that stated to either:
  • "Use a rune with windwalk", or
  • "Reset the Wind Walk" immediately uppon casting a spell

I didn't find a way to make custom rune abilities, and I'm not sure how I can reset the Wind Walk without messing up the already running cooldown.

Would anyone have an idea how to practically implement the suggestions, or have their own suggestions?

Level 21
you could try this -

when the unit casts a spell while in windwalk -

detect the order given to cast the ability -

- instantly give the unit an order to move to it's current location offset by 1. (thus replacing the casting ability order).

- trigger the ability you want casted.

Level 21
I don't know what spells you want the unit to be able to cast when in this "windwalk" mode. If this (the windwalk thing) is an item ability that is supposed to be applicable for all heroes - I agree this is not ideal. If this is for a specific unit that has this spell, but should be able to use other spells while under the effect - what other spells do you want it to be able to cast?

Level 12
Basically I want the unit to use any kind of spell while in the "transition windwalk" mode.

I have several heroes for which I turned off collision completely, but I want to fix this with the windwalk technique. Also, I have am item which adds the "windwalk" to any heroe who carries the item.

So yes, unfortunately no specific spell list...

Level 21
maybe - whenever you want to reset windwalk - add a hidden 0 mana 0 cooldown version of windwalk to the unit and order it to cast it. I think this should work even though it is the same order id - bc the other one is on cooldown. (alternatively the order id might make it apply to the new one too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.