• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
:ogre_hurrhurr: Hi I Want Learn How To Make A Cinematic Map . Like Those That Talk Or Do Something . And I Want Learn How To Make A Unit In A Region When A Hero Becomes Level 10 . After The Unit Entered Then I Want Go To Unit And Write Something Like Dialouge With Sound Actullay . What Should I Do

And IN Sound Trigger Where IS The Archimonde That Says : Tremble Mortals......

Level 28
Okay, let's get at this step by step :p.

The basics of cinematics are very easy. This tutorial seems to be very good and covers a lot of points.
You can also check out some various tips when making a cinematic.

Now the "when hero gains a level, create unit"-topic.
Event (Unit - Generic Unit Event):
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Gains a level
This speaks for itself I guess :p.
You can also use "Unit - Specific Unit Event" if it is a pre-made hero that needs to reach level 10.

Condition(s):
  • Conditions
    • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10
Integer Comparison --> Hero - Hero Level
You might also want to use a Unit-type comparison (this is up to you).

Actions:
  • Actions
    • Set TempLoc1 = (Center of (MyRegion <gen>))
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at TempLoc1 facing 0.00 degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc1)
The middle action doesn't need much explanation, I assume?
The other 2 actions are used to remove a location leak: every time you use a location, it will leak (generates mid-/lategame lag) unless you do something about it.
Leaks should always be taken care of if you want your map to run as smooth as possible.
List of things that Leak.

Now the last topic: the moving and the sound.
Open up the sound editor and right-click the file Sound\Dialogue\UndeadCampaign\Undead08\U08Archimonde19.mp3.
Select "Use as sound" (the sound settings should already be correct by default).

Now go back to the trigger editor.
Create a new action (Cinematic - Transmission from unit):
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (last created unit) named Archimonde: Play U08Archimonde19 <gen> and display Tremble mortals and.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
I'm not sure about who exactly you want to move where, but here are some actions:
  • Actions
    • Set TempLoc1 = (Center of (MyRegion <gen>))
    • -------- Orders the unit to move to point --------
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To TempLoc1
    • -------- Instantly moves the unit --------
    • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempLoc1
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc1)
The first one is "Unit - Issue Order Targetting a Point".
The second one is "Unit - Move Unit (instantly)".

Level 8
Thanks :) And did The Trigger works when The Unit Created And Cinematic Began ? I Mean When A Unit Created The Camars Go to It And Write Tremble Mortals...... With Sound IS it The Same Trigger ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.