• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cineamtic Terrain Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey guys!

I need some help at the moment, i am making, a rather, Unique fight involving Arthas/Lich King. Anyway, i need an idea on terrain, because usually it's just based up in snowy mountains or whatever or outside the frozen throne, but this, really will be a unique fight, so i wanted to have a Unique terrain also, anyone got any ideas?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
i am making, a rather, Unique fight involving Arthas/Lich King.
Somehow I can't picture that.

But if you need inspiration, as far as snow-based terrains goes we have alot of them - I even think we have quite a variety of terrains portraying the lich king.
Perhaps MadseN's showcase could be of some help. Plus, I think this one looks rather nifty.

Level 7
Hmm, i was thinking about that, but i might need alot of Imported models for it, i was hoping to keep file size down, so that i could have more voice-overs in it.

But, if you think it would be Interesting, then why not? :D

Why you wana keep file size down? In cinematics this dosent matter, only if you make in for multiplayer, then it needs to be small. And how much would models take? Maybe 4 mb max? I dont see it problem. Some of the best cinematic have filesize over 10 mb, but it wont matter, cause it wont affect cinematic watching(atleast havent done anything to me).

Level 18
Well, i'm just thinking about it, if you said 'Modern' do you mean like Tokyo 2011? or more like London 1900? Because, models from Born2Modificates High res pack would be good for 1900, maybe. but Toyko, would like require, different types of cars, buildings, buses, trucks etc..

but i must say, i am quite looking forward to trying this different theme :D

Level 18
Wow, thank you man :D, you saved me quite a bit of time with that :)

:Edit:

This is a really good pack and all, and i love the lighting idea, and all the doodads are quite epic, but i was going for maybe an outside more modern fight. Because, if it is inside, i can't really make the people fighting like, jump, or fly/hover or anything like that =/ , i could still use it, but it might not be used as good as it would be for an inside terrain.

Last edited:
Level 18
i think a unique ( and or generic ) idea would be to have a battlefield scene, where Arthas, being a general and all, stands on the battlefield, and of course, fights someone epicly and all that stuff.

But the idea is, just arthas on a battlefield. Could be anywhere. May a i suggest the battlefield similiar to the Reign of chaos intro cinematic.

just my 2 cents ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.