• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A snowy forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is created from whatever i could recall from my dream a few days ago, I am not sure what concept i should wrote...since it was a dream.

This terrain is a concept of trying to bend in a snowy forest with creatures that is related to the theme of 'snow' and a few touch of fantasy such as crystals, wisp and mammoths (which.. they are no longer exsisted).

Due to other stuffs that i need to attend to, i have not finished the terrain yet, but i would like to put it up first for some suggestion or any ideas that you guys could give or teach me.

Thanks for reading and viewing.

Attachments

• A-terrain-from-my-dream.png
    A-terrain-from-my-dream.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 657

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Not an awful start, but you should consider some adjustments to the foreground. Mainly, tile variety, dodging nasty texture-blotches on the rocks and natural enviroment.

Loosing up on the fog would also be advisable, in addition to some item of interest to pull attention.
Keep us up to date, and I'll tune in to comment on the updates.

Level 23
In case you decrease the intensity of the fog, there might come up a different thing that you want to work on, at least it looks like that on the screen. It seems like the world is ending behind the first background tree row. Right now, the fog hides this feeling to a certain extent. But like fladder said, it should be less fog maybe.

Also trying to randomize the cliffs stone formation a bit could help.
And there is need for some eye-catching stuff.

Apart from that, a good start and again as fladder said, update, update, update....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.