• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Quiet Isolated Forest....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Concept:
A Forest untouched by Men
Covered in mystery
Undiscovered cities within where riches are rumored hidden inside.

Took quite a few week to get some aspiration to complete this.
Thanks to skrab for the wonderful FountainofAyleidWater and Bolthan for the wonderful elks model.

Feel free to read and comments. Criticism and comments are welcomed as i believe it will helps in improving my terrain.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• A Quiet Isolated Forest.png
    A Quiet Isolated Forest.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 471
  • A Quiet Isolated Forest (2).png
    A Quiet Isolated Forest (2).png
    3.7 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The sky doesn't blend at all well with the fog, which is vital for a terrain.
And I personally dislike the Felwood sky in general, I've found that 'fogged sky' is the most efficient if you want to utilize and furtherly enhance the standard skyboxes.

And on an equally vital note; clusters of small rocks sledom looks better than larger ones in slimmer numbers.

I would also recommend a less dense fog for this, to reveal more depth and fade the background better.
Just add a few thousand to the 'ZEnd value'.

Smexiest about this is definitely the water, even though you should definitely see to the 'reflections contra transparency' dynamic as one of the mentioned should have a clear advantage.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
You guys missed to point out something minor :/

If your aiming for a realistic terrains, aren't those rocks (on the water) too straight? or I mean they're too organize. You should put them on a random spot but still leads a way to that other island.
Not an issue I would deem annoying, and if it doesn't look crappy it doesn't matter if it's realistic or not.

Level 18
It hurts to see terrain like this (Reminds me of something between me and M0rbid xD) anyway about the terrain it looks nice but the tree in the middle ruins it for me if you would remove it you would have a bigger view of the lake which would look better imo. Besides that i do not really like the temple at the right on the land but thats just my opinion. Besides that it looks nice so +rep

Level 3
I have made the changes regarding to everyone point out, by the way.. the only thing i did not change is the tree that blocked the lake.., i am very sorry.. but due to something happened.. i could not remove it as it will turn out very ugly.

And thanks for the rep and the help :D

One last point out, i did not intend to make this a very realistic terrain (I have also added a sun 'orb' and a white 'orb' as i find it turned out to be nice.)

Off-Topic

@Dr.House, Hah.. so.. what is it that reminded you and morbid?? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.