• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Choices <Working Title> :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Title: Choices <Due to lack of a better name>

Game style: Kind of like Azeroth Wars, but not really.

Idea: My idea is to have a strategy type game.. with a twist, every choice a player makes effects virtually the whole map and thus the outcome of the game. This means that every time you play potentially the game will be drastically different.

What I need
1) Terrainer - I have the basic idea of the terrain your job is to make it a reality / pretty :p
2) Triggerer - I am O.K. with triggers but by reading through all of my ideas i will probably need help.
3) That one guy that joins the group but doesnt really do anything but gets his name in the credits - Yeah we already have one of those <me> :p j/k
4) Modeller - Probably will just request stuff in the requests forums as we really dont need many models.
5) Someone to smooth out the rough edges of my choices and help make up new ones.
6) Loading Screen guy / Icon making - Wont need you till later, might not even need just listed you for fun. (i can count to 6 woot)

Here are some of my ideas for the factions, of course I will need to add more to make it even more dynamic.

The Bandits
The Bandits start the game as raiders of the countryside. They gain resources by destroying the villages owned by the Villager players.
They have a few choices to start with
1) They can stay as Bandits until forced to do something else by other players choices.
2) They can become slave traders; this will allow them to capture villagers for bonus gold and they can continue to raid the countryside.
3) They can become Pirates. This action will give them powerful naval units but they will lose most of their powerful land units. They can still raid villagers but not very effectively due to their lost land units. But they now receive gold for killing any boats, they get more gold for killing Kingdom or Merchant trading ships. They can only become Pirates if a) they choose to near the start of the game. b) the Kingdom destroys their main Camp and the Bandits build a shipyard.
4) They can ally with villagers that have rebelled against the kingdom. Doing this prevents the bandits from gaining resources from killing villages, but the bandits automatically receive part of any rebelling villages resources.
5) The Bandits can leave the game, and be defeated.

The Islanders
They start the game alone on an outlying island. The island has many natural resources they can gather, it also is home to some hostile bandits (controlled by computer). The islanders only have a few decisions.
1) Blockade their port and focus on milking the island of all of it's resources.
2) Become Merchants and trade with the kingdom. They will receive gold from every boat that reaches the kingdom's harbor and returns. Watch out for pirates!
3) Once the island bandits are dead, and if they have not become merchants they can become their own kingdom. Hostile or allied to the other kingdom depending on some circumstances i have not come up with yet
o_O.
4) They can leave the game, and be defeated.

The Kingdom
The Kingdom is the only real "civilization" up and running at the start of the game. They have a sprawling empire that consists of a port and the outlying villages as well as the castle city itself. The kingdom receives a portion of all villagers incomes as well as that of its navy. They don't really have any choices, yet. Other than to allow the navy to trade with the Merchants and to put down rebellions. You basically just allow or disallow alot of peoples choices.
1) You arent allowed to leave cause if you do the game is screwed, jk we will give you to the Navy and turn off the navy's choices that cause you to unally, sorry navy.

The Navy
Portion of the Kingdom. They control the harbor. They gain gold by trading with the Merchants. (There are neutral merchants from the start but the Islander Merchants give more resources due to the mineral rich island).
Their job is to protect the Kingdoms harbor from attacks via pirates and to secure trade from the islanders. Choices are somewhat limited.
1) If the kingdom allows them to, they can take over the islanders and make that their "city" This gives them Land units that are actually good at fighting, and they can mine the minerals of the island, assuming their are any left.
2) They can overthrow the king and become the rulers of the kingdom (a lot easier if your king allows you to take over the island.
3) You can leave the game, and be defeated. if defeated king controls you and choices are no longer in effect.

The Villagers
1-2 players. They control the outlying cities of the Kingdom. They are forced to pay a tax on their income to the king, which is set by the king. If your city is destroyed via the kingdom you are done unless you allied bandits, if the bandits destroy your city the kingdom can rebuild it if he chooses. Choices include
1) They can rebel from the kingdom, becoming hostile with them and the navy, if the bandits will let them, they can ally them.
2) If the kingdom crushes your rebellion the king can choose to execute you are pardon you. If executed you lose control of your city and are defeated unless you allied the bandits in which case you gain control of some bandit units. If you are pardoned you are back under the rule of the kingdom. (Kingdom gains control of cities whose leaders were executed.
3) You can be good little subjects and pay for the kings war against the bandits. In return he might protect you from the bandits.
4) if you leave Kingdom gets you.

The Evil Kingdom
You control a dark fortress in the mountains overlooking the Kingdom. Your choices are of course evil in nature. You have no allies and can have no allies other than the one ally you have. o_O
1) KIll the kingdom.
2) Kill the Kingdom.
3) Kill the Kingdom.
.... see a pattern? Your job is to kill the kingdom, duh. Now your real choices are
1) Kill the kingdom/villagers/navy/bandits. Once the navy is dead you can build boats and go after the poor little islanders.
2) You can be defeated by the kingdom and its game over. buh-bye
3) You can stay and your keep and amass a legion ( not burning your only human) to surprise attack the kingdom. You gain gold from killing stuff.

Evil General Guy

You are the leader of the Evil kingdoms army. Your job is to help him destroy everything unlike your master you actually have a choice in what you do.
1) Kill the kingdom :p
2) Betray the evil kingdom and ally the Good kingdom if they let you, or be a hermit, you get sexy powers but are alone.

Point of the Game!

I know its weak to have the point of the game after all those choices you probably didnt read, but if you did awesome. Now then, the way to achieve victory is well, there isnt really one. You just kill or be killed. You progress through your choices and go where they lead you. There is however, an ancient temple with an ancient over powe- i mean item that is good that can be acquired by virtually anyone, granted its much easier for some people to acquire. It has different effects depending on who gets it, and what they decide to do with it! more details later.

Now i give you a choice join me or.... dont /shrug (that was kind of weak)

Level 2
i can help with terrain, if i take my time i can make some nifty things :)

i can get triggers down (down by some one else from angelik)

i can help with ideas,

and i can get spell done made (me and other Angelik member(s).)

Status
Not open for further replies.