• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

ORPG called Sellsword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Map Idea:
Sellsword is an ORPG where there are two kingdoms, Summer and Winter. Both kingdoms are at war with one another, and so they pay the mercenaries to fight for them.

Player Status:
The Mercenaries have three possibilities; Ally with Summer, Ally with Winter, or become Solo. Solo characters have both kingdoms as neutral, and so they can trade supplies, or they could become bandits and raid towns. Both Summer and Winter are NPC and will attack with AI.

Map:
The map is made up of three continents. One continent is in Summer's domain, one in Winter's domain, and a third, very large continent with many neutral towns. The neutral towns can be claimed by Winter or Summer simply by touching them, but to claim a town owned by the other kingdom, they must damage it enough. When such a town is damaged, peasants (As militia) Will pop out. Normally the militia are neutral, and will vanish after 60 seconds. But, when the town is owned by a kingdom, it has a certain amount of 'loyal population' which will be color specific. Once all of the loyal population has exited the town, it will once again become neutral.

Positions:
Terrain: Zerrer, Arthas_King
Spells:
Units & Heroes: SF.ThisIsGay, Arthas_King
Icons & Models:
Triggers:

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey Zerrer you should post picks of your map then people can help you out a bit more :p and i kinda wanna see how awsome is looks xD.

BTW Map sounds very cool.

Level 4
I am okay at triggers some thing i can do some things a cant i suck with jass ;O. and i am curently makeing a map but sure i will help when i can.

Level 4
:p thank you very much so what do you need me to do mady i can make something on a test map send you it that you can export the triggers or something from it?

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm sending the terrain.
P.S. It'll probably be easier if you emailed it rather then attaching it to this forum. We don't want to clutter Hiveworkshop, do we?

Attachments

• Sellsword.w3x
    169.2 KB · Views: 32
Level 4
i will start to work on spells very soon i just have a bad head ake atm so when i wake up i will start working on it :p

BTW my b.net name is sF.ThisIsGay

add me

Level 4
ok i am downloading up loading i map i made a long time ago i think it has like 5 heros so here it is

Attachments

• FOOTZ.w3x
    649.5 KB · Views: 83
Level 3
@Arthas_King:
First of all; those villages were awesome.

Second of all; I'm only going to need two cities. One at the very top-right, and one at the center-left.

Third of all: It would help if both of them were human race. Humans are the main race in this map.

One final thing; While you're creating the villages, create a copy of each unit (Footman, Knight, Etc.) and rename them according to the side of the map they're on. (Left: Summer) (Right: Winter) So it should be like Winter Knight, Summer Footman, and so on.

@sF.ThisIsGay:
I'm really sorry to say this, but those heroes weren't very good. The abilities and such were fine, but they need to be fully new from the heroes they were based from. You need new descriptions and such for everything. The heroes should have a max level of 50, so they need 50 levels of abilities:
15 Levels of Spell#1 (Minor Spell)
15 Levels of Spell#2 (Minor Spell)
15 Levels of Spell#3 (Minor Spell)
4 Levels of Spell#4 (Major Spell)
1 Level of Spell#5 (Epic Spell)

I'm planning to have at least 40 different heroes of all types, so if you have an idea, just make them and I'll 'Yay-or-Nay' it.

Level 3
One final thing for both of you: For the 'Epic Spell', some of them might change the enviroment. (I.E. Raise mountains, change terrain, make trees grow, ETC.)

Edit: To me, that seems like a basic summon spell; It doesn't need an entire trigger to do the same thing.

Level 3
I should specify about the hero ability table.

Minor Spell: Can gain one every other level from level 1. These are low-mana, low-power spells.
Major Spell: Can gain one every 10 levels from level 9. These are quite powerful, but they have large cooldowns and cost a lot of mana.
Epic spell: Can gain one at level 50. This spell is incredibly powerful, but has a very long cooldown. No mana cost. (Think of it as a Limit Break)

Edit: Fixed a few spelling\grammar errors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.