• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Not your everyday map, AoS meets standard RTS meets RPG, need a bunch of folks.

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Somewhat, but its just for fun anyways

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Im thinking of becoming a mapper, and so am starting small. No need for custom models/skins, starting a project just for fun. Anyone can come, the plan is something like this.

We create a world like outland, with 2 factions fighting it out for dominance, and a building (possibly portal control tower/teleportation device) to escape the destroyed world. Im trying to create something completely outside the warcraft lore.

So we will have Humans,Elves(highelf model), Dwarves on the Light side
And Orcs, Undead, and dark elves (night elf model) on the Darkness.

Each side will have buildings laid out, with the land divided into 2 continents. Leave space in the middle for a possible naval expansion.

Big fighting on one continent, with 4 bases for each side, other smaller continent has 1 base each side. Small continent gives bonus gold, big one is the main objective.

Mission: Either capture the portal in the middle to 'escape this doomed world' (mana drain ability, either add or reduce. With a little editing they do not require mana to cast, neither do they transfer any. In short its a channeling manaburn without the damage, or a reverse manaburn)
OR completely capture the enemy towns. Each race will have a capital and a town. Troops spawn from all towns, for the owner of the towns. towns cant be destroyed but can be captured by the above method.
So we have 4v4 on the 'objective continent' and 2v2 on the 'resource bonus continent'.

Units will be heroes, each can have 4 food worth of units.

Standard infantry - 1 food, has ability to summon 2 allies, at ay time (lasts 5 min, cooldown 5 min) and a extremely short ranged 'phalanx' aura that gives units nearby increased armor.

Large units, say dragon, costing 1 or more food, without the 'perma summon' spell, so its on its own.

Buy items for your troops, which either affect everyone (auras) or only affects the 'captain' or squad leader, so as in the case of the standard infantry, the 2 summons wont get the powerup.

Anyone interested in developing this map?

Theres no modelling required, just that I alone dont have the time to make it well, so we need 2 or more folks to form a guild and promote/improve on it.

Level 10
Yeah already created a test map. Wil put it up for DL soon. The test just has 2 races and 4 buildings, no neutral creeps, items whatever, just to test the capture system.
Maybe anyone interested in taking a look?
For the real version, map size will be epic, will have to shrink the units so will need moddlers as well.
Also is there any way to increase the max number of neutral buildings and doodads like trees I can have?
Thinking of shrinking everything so I can make large cities with multiple capture points, to allow players to 'storm' a city to take it.

Level 3
im big fan of custom cool lookin models/skilsl spells but if you get an actual good panda hero in there you got me sold

Level 2
This sounds interesting but what kind of helpers do you need in particular?
Terrainers, GUI or JASS writers, Balancers, Storywriters?
I can make terrain or mid level trigger enhanced spells as well as units and buildings, but that's a thing anyone can do

Level 10
More like im looking to create or join a modding clan to help do this.

Im quite noob myself. Never touched the AI page.

Only experimented with triggers enough to make my demo playable. Anyone wants it? Ok maybe not. it really sucks. just orcs and humans running around capping stuff...
And only 2 players.
But they the concept is there.
Basically I want storywriters and moddlers, so I can focus on triggering myself, and dont have to use the said races. Now its just going to be Elven+Human against Undead. 2 factions are a lot easier to manage. 6 faction cities, 4 neutral ones. This should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.