• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Choice of Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
HI

I recently changed my editor to UMS World Editor because Jass Newgen was gave me a series of errors which caused me to lose a lot of data.

UMSWE is all fine but I seem to have gained some and lost some. I noticed I can now issue more specific orders within triggers, choosing to issue order by string or ordercode (which neither of them work in my case) but I have lost the option in unit editor to hide a units minimap display!

Also, the order layout seems to be different, I cannot find a generic order to cast volcano anymore, it seems to have just disappeared, whereas jassnewgen worked perfectly at that. Another thing with volcano is in JNGen there were several more data fields for editing the damage of the spell and such which are not in UMSWE. It's ticking me off.

I would like to know what editors you guuys use and why, maybe there is one that can go both ways for me.

Level 8
LOL, I think UMSWE has completely removed the volcano ability, it's not there and I sure as hell didn't delete it. xD

Well, adding more options to the issue order action isn't a bad idea but I guess I should trust your opinion. I don't know what other to try though.

Level 8
newgen served me fine till it crashed my PC and wiped my map. Let's hope that was a freak occurrence xD

Level 19
I use NewGen with UMSWE option enabled so its UMSWE newgen lol
(well umswe allows to change in-game font and etc)

Level 8
I like newgen's function to aid with coloring tooltips. Don't need to mess about with color codes, it does it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.